Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mod not being fair

Options
  • 20-04-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I want to complain about mod insect overlord infracting me which i accept but not infracting nowayjosie first. she was rude to me first but i was infracted for my reply

DRP sent me here and I have pmd insectoverlord.Not happy with his response i submit he was unfair in allowing josie to insult me and yet infract me. He had an issue wth me earlier and was not IMO objective

I want to dispute it here. i submit josie should have been infracted for this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=516 which was the one i was responding to. i accept my infraction but she was uncivil here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=516 and was not dealt with until the post after my response.

She says why should i not run for election etc. That was a genuine comment I made to the person who disagreed with the council's way of doing thing.

She says I was abrupt. Wrong. She infers i am offended by other posters. Wrong again. She says i was snotty cos i disagreed with others. wrong again and she back seat mods tellng me log off if i do not like it.

But insect overlord did not infract that. he took sides and he had an issue with my one word replies and so is not objective. he did not infract josie till she was rude to me twice and she ascribed motives to me bordering on inaccurate telpathy. In fact sh e thanks me for one of the one word posts and then insults me because of them?

can you let me know how to contact admin if not happy with response

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Infractions are not necessarily based on a single post or expression but can be the result of a culmination of posts or expressions leading up to the one that broke the camel's back.

I've had a quick read through the thread you linked to and while josie was abrupt with you he/she was making a valid point about your behaviour on that thread, a point that had been raised by the moderator.

Josie didnt insult you, josie challenged you attitude toward debate and discussion.

If you'll note, Josie did receive an infraction for the post later in the thread where he/she acted in the same manner you had up to then.

The mod was consistent and fair imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

LoLth wrote: »
    Infractions are not necessarily based on a single post or expression but can be the result of a culmination of posts or expressions leading up to the one that broke the camel's back.

I've had a quick read through the thread you linked to and while josie was abrupt with you he/she was making a valid point about your behaviour on that thread, a point that had been raised by the moderator.

Josie didnt insult you, josie challenged you attitude toward debate and discussion.

If you'll note, Josie did receive an infraction for the post later in the thread where he/she acted in the same manner you had up to then.

thanks. how do i contact admin re this?
    i did not "act in the same way up till then". I made one post and said to josie what she has said to me" log off if you do not like." Josie did insult me and wrote lies re my motives. She said i was being smart withnthe person re politics when i was making a genuine suggestion to run for election.She said I was offended by othere which was not true. she was not infracted for that so the mod was not fair imo and i want it looked at by admin.She seems to have some dislike of the showgrounds and took it out on me when i said i liked the showground

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Departed wrote: »
    I want to complain about mod insect overlord infracting me which i accept but not infracting nowayjosie first.
    LoLth wrote: »

Agree with LoLth. Who was infracted "first" on the thread was a moot point. Both sides in this dispute were infracted, consequently Insect Overlord did not exhibit any bias in his actions towards either party; i.e., it was balanced and "fair" to both sides.
    Departed wrote: »
    thanks. how do i contact admin re this?
    LoLth is the Administration. It had been concluded that "The mod was consistent and fair imho," and their decision is final per boards.ie guidelines.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Closing thread as it was investigated by a site administrator (LoLth), and decisions by administrators are final, and do not have a right of appeal.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement