Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish business bank with tolerable online banking

Options
  • 20-04-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

I've had it with Bank of Ireland and their utterly horrible "BOI BOL" service. It's hard to believe they have the audacity to charge people for it.

I'm looking for the least worst online business banking in Ireland - who has it?

Preferably something that works in more than just Internet Explorer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Ulster bank - unbelievably easy.

Payment templates, bulk paylists (handy for wages), advance payments, 12 month archive, very cheap, and even operable on a mobile phone if you have the code gadget with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

National Irish Bank have a great online banking service, very straight forward and easy to use for wages and everything else you could want.

They have a demo you can view on their website so you can take a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Zymurgist wrote: »
    National Irish Bank have a great online banking service, very straight forward and easy to use for wages and everything else you could want.

They have a demo you can view on their website so you can take a look.

But where do you make lodgements to NIB?

Option 1 - queue for ages in the post office
    Option 2 - there is no option 2

and if you need to have a chat with someone

Option 1 - drive to one of their branches - whoops, most of them are closed.
    Option 2 - talk to someone in a call centre

I have a personal account with NIB, but could never even contemplate using them for business due to their non branch, & post-office lodgement policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Bank of Ireland is by far the worst I've seen, it's dire.

Ulster is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Trojan wrote: »
    I've had it with Bank of Ireland and their utterly horrible "BOI BOL" service. It's hard to believe they have the audacity to charge people for it.

I'm looking for the least worst online business banking in Ireland - who has it?

Preferably something that works in more than just Internet Explorer.

I'm in the same boat. Coming to the end of the freebanking period and feel very aggrieved at the prospect of paying for their brutal online banking. I emailed them about any future updates and got this
    I can confirm a new Business On Line system is being created, this is a large scale development therefore we cannot advise a time frame as to when it will be available to customers.
    Think I'll move to Ulster Bank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement