Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Meteor/E-mobile phone?

Options
  • 21-04-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm thinking of buying a new phone, but I am on the 48months network, and don't want to change. 48 doesn't sell phones, so it'll have to be from one of the other networks.

Question: will there be any problem asking Meteor or E-mobile to unlock a phone immediately? Or will they require me to stay on the network for a certain amount of time, or spend a certain amount of money before they unlock it?
    Otherwise, can you recommend any retailer, online or otherwise, that sells quality unlocked phones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

If you buy a Prepay phone you have to have topped by €130 from the handset activation to be eligle for a unlock code.

I think, i'm not sure, alot of the android devices are unlocked, but up to you if you want to take that chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭MrVestek

If it's an Android based device and has been rooted already it's usually simple enough to unlock them by flashing a custom radio firmware.

Advertisement