Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC application past 6 weeks in phase 2

Options
  • 21-04-2012 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hey,

Has anyone else had their visa application in the final stage for over the 6 week period? I'm going into my 7th week now without it an LOI.

I doubt it got rejected as it would have been posted back and also I dont think it would get rejected while in the final stage as everything has been checked and basically approved already.

Just wondering is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Thanks

Toast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭illegalmidget

Hey,

Has anyone else had their visa application in the final stage for over the 6 week period? I'm going into my 7th week now without it an LOI.

I doubt it got rejected as it would have been posted back and also I dont think it would get rejected while in the final stage as everything has been checked and basically approved already.

Just wondering is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Thanks

Toast

did you pay for it and email the Application form to the correct email address??

My friend paid and got her reciept but still no LOI and we are leaving this day next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭i_love_toast

Yeah thats the thing...receipt of payment and passed onto the final stage 7 weeks ago and still no LOI.

I emailed the application pdf and all and got the email saying they got it.

just very odd. It's either lost or pushed to the back of the pile...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hmmquite

I think I'm going into week 13 in phase 2. They don't reply to emails either ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

it says on the letter about been passed to the final stage, That if you havent heard in 6 weeks to contact them, check your spam folder also:

Whether your application is approved, refused, or requires additional documentation, you will
    receive an answer regarding your application via email within six weeks. Please note that until
    this processing time has passed, we will not reply to any questions about the progress of your
    file.
    If you do not receive notification informing you of the High Commission’s decision and the total
    processing time has passed, please email us at ldn.iec@international.gc.ca. Please make sure
    you include your World Tracking Number.
    Sincerely,
    International Experience Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

Just a bit of advice, If you put "Urgent" in the subject box they seem to actually respond to you. I emailed them loads of times trying to find some answer but no reply, but once I stuck in urgent in the subject I got a reply the next day!

• Advertisement

johnt91 wrote: »
    Just a bit of advice, If you put "Urgent" in the subject box they seem to actually respond to you. I emailed them loads of times trying to find some answer but no reply, but once I stuck in urgent in the subject I got a reply the next day!

Maybe they don't like me, because I tried this too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

I'm into the 4th week waiting now, I got an e-mail saying I didn't send on my pdf (which I had), so had to send it again, then I got the medical e-mail about 12 days ago.

Did you get any medical e-mail or anything? Or did you just get the letter saying it was passed onto the second stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Elena Martin

Hi guys, I recieved my payment request today and sent it off but each time I go to send the IMM1295 pdf to iec-london-application@international.gc.ca I get a mail back saying it didnt deliver and failure, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem?

Yeah, it will be 8 weeks on Friday in the final stage after payment was recieved.

ots of people on here complaining about waiting times in the initial stages, this has to be the worst. You know of people getting their LOI's after 2 weeks while a few of our is taking months.

Starting to think if it got rejected and sent back but lost in the post. But then again I dont think many people do get it rejected in the final phase.

Also thinking that they have actually lost or misplaced it in their application office or something.

Very frustrating all the same. At least if someone gets rejected in the first stage or at payment they know they can apply again. But with our applications taking months in the final stage you really dont know what to do.

Yeah, it will be 8 weeks on Friday in the final stage after payment was recieved.

ots of people on here complaining about waiting times in the initial stages, this has to be the worst. You know of people getting their LOI's after 2 weeks while a few of our is taking months.

Starting to think if it got rejected and sent back but lost in the post. But then again I dont think many people do get it rejected in the final phase.

Also thinking that they have actually lost or misplaced it in their application office or something.

Very frustrating all the same. At least if someone gets rejected in the first stage or at payment they know they can apply again. But with our applications taking months in the final stage you really dont know what to do.

I definitely get the feeling they lost mine... or it's on the bottom of someone's pile. Their lack of communication is definitely the worst; I can't see them accepting their own mistakes. Grrr. First come first serve my arse

• Advertisement

I wonder if its worth our while sending in a whole new application to see. If ours got rejected while at the final stage in London and we were not informed or if they never sent the applications back then we would get accepted again.

If our visa is still in the final stage but either lost or still yet to be processed for LOI then we would not get accepted as it would be in their records that we have previously submitted a visa and we were not rejected.

I have also heard on here that some people were in the same position we are in now and IEC did reply to their emails and said that they have been awarded an LOI but the email was never sent/receive to inform them..

Just a thought but still not much help for us..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭illegalmidget

I wonder if its worth our while sending in a whole new application to see. If ours got rejected while at the final stage in London and we were not informed or if they never sent the applications back then we would get accepted again.

If our visa is still in the final stage but either lost or still yet to be processed for LOI then we would not get accepted as it would be in their records that we have previously submitted a visa and we were not rejected.

I have also heard on here that some people were in the same position we are in now and IEC did reply to their emails and said that they have been awarded an LOI but the email was never sent/receive to inform them..

Just a thought but still not much help for us..

thought id let you know my friend that was waiting for hers got it yestherday we are leaving in 3 days so cutting it fine!!! she was waiting about 4 weeks she had emailed and got no reply bit then Emailed them with URGENT in the subject box and got the visa the next day?? might be worth your while trying even to just ask where you stand.

Thanks. That's good news anyways!

I have only sent an email with "urgent" in the title this morning so it would be nice if they did reply tomorrow (which will be 8 weeks upon application passed onto final stage).

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Roadie595

i just got my acceptance today and still yet to pay... i have a question on the IMM1295 form...

you know they ask you to print a 2nd page for the previous work section..

but on the acceptance letter they say dont respond with "support docs" should i leave the 2nd page off or whats the story with it?

first time doing this

thanks

Has anyone that's been waiting past the 6 weeks waiting time for the final stage received their LOI.

9 weeks for me now. Have been emailing them at ldn.iec@international.gc.ca
    every day but no reply at all yet. Just want to know if its still being reviewed or if its been rejected without them sending me that later stating why..

Anyone have any other advice? They are probably sick of receiving any email because of people who are inquiring if their visa was received after posting it in a few days before...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

My friend got hers in 2 weeks just the other day.

I assumme the first thing they do is stick your WTN in to their system to see how long its been since they have confirmed payment and then just ignore the ones less than 6 weeks.

Unfortunitly that doesn't explain why they're ignoring you.

Hey thanks.

Do you know how long her friend was waiting in the final phase after payment before she finally got her LOI?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Hi,anyone know of anybody who's been refused in the final stage(cic) or is it pretty certain once you've gotten that far?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

I've never heard of anyone being rejected that late on

• Registered Users Posts: 5 buzzon

Has anyone that's been waiting past the 6 weeks waiting time for the final stage received their LOI.

9 weeks for me now. Have been emailing them at ldn.iec@international.gc.ca
    every day but no reply at all yet. Just want to know if its still being reviewed or if its been rejected without them sending me that later stating why..

Anyone have any other advice? They are probably sick of receiving any email because of people who are inquiring if their visa was received after posting it in a few days before...

Hi did you recieve your LOI yet? I am waiting over five weeks now and have heard nothing and my boyfriend got his after two weeks. I didnt recieve any email to confirm receipt of payment either and they havent resppnded to any emails!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭orgaz

Hey I Love Toast

Whatever happened to your application in the Final Stage?

Im still waiting!! Im in week 6 and IEC are so unhelpful and cant give me any information.

Really starting to panic at this stage :(

Advertisement