Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2013 teaser trailer

Options
  • 21-04-2012 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Hi just saw this: http://www.konami-pes2013.com/

Trailer due out the 24th april

I've seen in a few places that they will be using a new engine this year.

http://www.pes-patch.com/2012/01/pes-2013-new-engine-rumor.html

I know this is probably said every year but should I be getting my hopes up seeing as they haven't got it right so far in this gen

Would be nice to see Pro challenge Fifa once again.

I'm genuinely excited to see what difference this new engine will have

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

Jesus Christ, even football games are getting into the whole * quiet-quiet-BRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH-quiet-quiet-BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH* fad

Haven't bought Pro Evo in a few years. If there's a new engine, I'll keep an eye on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Same as I haven't bothered buying it for a few years. Looking forward to at least seeing what difference in gameplay there is. The gameplay now is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

The current game isn't that great but I'll be looking forward to this one.

Can't wait to see the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

The trailer is out

Doesnt show any gameplay though , pretty much what youd expect, its just ronaldo running in a straight line!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Can be seen here by the way

http://youtu.be/FGZLuGoPBEc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I would rather that they scrapped PES 2013 and just re-released a HD version of PES 5 on PSN or XBLA.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

I would rather that they scrapped PES 2013 and just re-released a HD version of PES 5 on PSN or XBLA.

Agreed, would be great if they took pes 5 or 6 from the ps2 and just polished it up, updated all the transfers and for future years worked off this game as a starting point. Amazing that pes 5 and 6 are still far superior to the current game which is absolute dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It's all well and good having the perfect animations for one players sprinting motion down, but I'm not going to play a game where it takes 3 touches for the world's best players to get the ball out of their feet and defenders simply refuse to react to anything in their own box.

Pro Evo now has moments of absolute brilliance that make you think you could be watching real football, but they are far too rare.

How have they not gone back to the drawing board with gameplay? They had it, up to 06 they absolutely had it nailed on. I for one am hoping that as the leap from PS3 to PS3 was what made them stumble, the leap to PS4 will be what brings them back. But until then I dont hold much hope.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    It's all well and good having the perfect animations for one players sprinting motion down, but I'm not going to play a game where it takes 3 touches for the world's best players to get the ball out of their feet and defenders simply refuse to react to anything in their own box.

Pro Evo now has moments of absolute brilliance that make you think you could be watching real football, but they are far too rare.

How have they not gone back to the drawing board with gameplay? They had it, up to 06 they absolutely had it nailed on. I for one am hoping that as the leap from PS3 to PS3 was what made them stumble, the leap to PS4 will be what brings them back. But until then I dont hold much hope.

Which is why I'm wondering why at this late stage in the current gen console are they changing the engine. Why not 2 years ago.

Are you really confidant that they will get it right next gen? I'd say I'm hopeful at best

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Which is why I'm wondering why at this late stage in the current gen console are they changing the engine. Why not 2 years ago.

Are you really confidant that they will get it right next gen? I'd say I'm hopeful at best

No. I said I was hoping the leap to PS4 will bring them back. I'd say I'm unrealistically hopeful.

• Advertisement

When I say next gen I mean ps4 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

Agreed, would be great if they took pes 5 or 6 from the ps2 and just polished it up, updated all the transfers and for future years worked off this game as a starting point. Amazing that pes 5 and 6 are still far superior to the current game which is absolute dirt.

This. I've been saying this for years. It would be the best game ever. I miss being able to change the colour of shorts and socks before a match :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Still playing PES 6 on the PS2, and sometimes even the stripped down 360 version which is still far superior to the titles that followed!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Still playing PES 6 on the PS2, and sometimes even the stripped down 360 version which is still far superior to the titles that followed!

Its amazing how many people still play PES 6, I played it a few months ago online and there were loads of players on.

I only ever play PES 2012 when its 2v2 online, otherwise it can be very perdictable, ie run down wing, cross ball in, goal.

• Zico-PES wrote: »
    Its amazing how many people still play PES 6, I played it a few months ago online and there were loads of players on.

I only ever play PES 2012 when its 2v2 online, otherwise it can be very perdictable, ie run down wing, cross ball in, goal.

2v2 online is great, everything else is meh.

Still, looking forward to the next game, hopefully they get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

Zico-PES wrote: »

1v1 can be very good if you can meet the right opponent, i usually try and play
    the beautiful game and its worked well got a rating of 702 before not using barca or madrid, anyone who wants a game give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

E3 trailer is out. Seems to have slinked under the radar. Couple of the gameplay features may see FIFA and PES battling it out directly.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Nedved85 wrote: »

You still play the ps2 ! Damn that console just refuses to die :)

I loved pes 6 but I don't think it's as good as the last few fifas. The bar is set so high by ea , it looks impossible for konami to catch them.

I rented last years pes, found it ok starting of after a week or so I realised how superior FIFA is. I do love the master league in pes though it's 100 times better than the money scam that is ultimate team, the only way you should get great players in Ultimate team is by winning matches and saving up money like master league.

Another video here

The Terry fish dive at 3:54 is hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It's gonna take absoloute amazing reviews and feedback before I even think of giving this series another go.

From the genius of PES 5 and Pes 6, to punching me in the face, and robbing me off money.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

The guys on WENB say the videos don’t do the game justice as you don’t get the feel of the play and they have been fairly harsh on recent games. The player individuality is supposed to be excellent. Demo out early Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

There is an interesting article with the producer of PES over on Eurogamer today. He talks about EA copying PES and EA using their money to lock PES out of licenses. There must have been no PR people present at the interview.

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

There is an interesting article with the producer of PES over on Eurogamer today. He talks about EA copying PES and EA using their money to lock PES out of licenses. There must have been no PR people present at the interview.

Link

But half the fun on PES was the editing. Sure within hours of release and sometimes even before release there would be an option file with full kits, names etc.

PES suffered from it's own success in that it got to the stage where they were releasing a second-gen engine on third gen consoles. When FIFA grew up, PES grew old and it's a shame because PES was far better than FIFA for years.

Demo is out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I've been wishing for this game to live up to the heights of Pro Evo 5\6 on the PS2 for the past few years and I've been still buying it...foolishly

Like someone else said, its is going to have to be excellent reviews before I shell out again for any PES game....I'll download the demo though

Demo seems much the same as last game, the biggest difference is the manual passing and shooting if you hold L2 but its tricky to master. I might wait till pes 14 to buy the series again cause of the fox engine i'v being hearing so much about.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am very impressed with the Demo.

More than any other PES demo over the last 5 years anyway.

Only one game in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Any chance of a 3rd player entering the market and releasing another football game to compete with the fifa and pro evo of this world?

Im a wee bit board of the both I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

I actually thought the last game was the best effort on the PS3. Games against my mates are very enjoyable on the whole. Games against the AI I find painful though. And online can be very hit and miss.
    And kind of improvement and I'll be happy enough (I see f all difference between PES and FIFA gameplay wise these days anyway).
    Looking forward to downloading the demo later. Anyone know when the FIFA demo is out btw?

Advertisement