Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2013 teaser trailer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I was impressed by the demo. A lot more control over the ball and player which was a problem last year for me. Keepers seem to have improved a bit too, was hoping for better skill moves and goal celebrations though like FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

while not up to the glory days of pes 5 and 6, the demo is more playable than any of the dirt konami have been dishing up for the last few years. Seems like a considerable improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

while not up to the glory days of pes 5 and 6, the demo is more playable than any of the dirt konami have been dishing up for the last few years. Seems like a considerable improvement.
    Spot on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I agree completely, although admittedly I didn't even play PES2012 at all (the first time ever not buying PES). There's more control over the players, and the passing and movement just seems somehow more free than some the previous games. I love being able to just pass the ball around and create almost new goalscoring opprtunities every time, rather than just create the one same chance over and over again.

I'm still not entirely convinced/persuaded yet, but I can definately see the improvement.

Although, I've noticed that the keepers, albeit apparently better than 2012 (as someone else said), are still not great. I scored a couple of goals where I felt almost guilty about scoring because the keeper was so poor! But I suppose, they are all top class strikers that I'm playing with aswell (i.e. at international level).

What does everyone else think of it so far?? :cool::cool::):)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

^ Be happy you didn't buy PES2012, very flawed game in my opinion. I think the demo's brilliant, playing with all manual settings makes the game seem very realistic. Tackling is more normal and the CPU players aren't absolutely geniuses that can avoid almost every tackle like in PES2012. 'Keepers still seem to make those silly dives where they fall on their backs more than move towards the ball, quite frustrating, but overall I'm very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Certainly better than last year's effort. I have to learn some of the controls - keep trying to do basic skills like FIFA. So at the moment, all I have is a stepover. Finally found out how to tell AI to make a run (really wish some of them would try this off their own back).

Mixed feelings, but I'll probably give the demo another go.
    I was impressed by the demo. A lot more control over the ball and player which was a problem last year for me. Keepers seem to have improved a bit too, was hoping for better skill moves and goal celebrations though like FIFA.

If anything I would love if FIFA took the PES / FIFA Street approach to celebrations and just did them automatically.

🤪

I like the demo.
    I took a free kick with Pirlo and had to upload it.
    When he strikes the ball, you'd swear it was him, the feet movement specific to a player is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Manual passing in PES 2013 is sweet, although will lose its ingeniousness with the arrorw if playing against someone on the same console

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The demo is quite decent to be fair. I turned it on for a quick game, but ended up playing 7 or 8.

Looking forward to trying the second demo, whenever it is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

What team are there to choose from?
    Do I have to sit through 3-4 minutes of trailer?
    Can you play both halves?

• Advertisement

Italy, Portugal, Germany & England.
    Then ther are four brazilian teams there to Copa America i think.
    Santos is one of them.

No waiting, and yes both halves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Demo is really good.

I've actually ended up getting PES 2011 and 2012 after Christmas on the cheap just to have something different, and they are alright games, but this is significantly better.

The thing is, it's just far more realistic and organic than FIFA, but it doesn't feel as fun for some reason. It's very rare you find a goal that would not have happened in a real game. The chance creation is much more natural, you're forced to play sensible, and go backwards/sideways if nothing is on, unlike FIFA where it seems to be lofted through balls or skill moves should unlock a defence. I still think getting the ball under control is a bit sluggish and there is still the problem with players not knowing the ball is going to them, so the ball will roll past a player and someone will run from 20 yards away trying to get it, both attacking and defending. But overall this is very promising from Konami.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Demo is really good.

I've actually ended up getting PES 2011 and 2012 after Christmas on the cheap just to have something different, and they are alright games, but this is significantly better.

The thing is, it's just far more realistic and organic than FIFA, but it doesn't feel as fun for some reason. It's very rare you find a goal that would not have happened in a real game. The chance creation is much more natural, you're forced to play sensible, and go backwards/sideways if nothing is on, unlike FIFA where it seems to be lofted through balls or skill moves should unlock a defence. I still think getting the ball under control is a bit sluggish and there is still the problem with players not knowing the ball is going to them, so the ball will roll past a player and someone will run from 20 yards away trying to get it, both attacking and defending. But overall this is very promising from Konami.

This is pretty much how I've felt about the last two games aswell.

How is the shooting in the demo? That was a real problem

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

This is pretty much how I've felt about the last two games aswell.

How is the shooting in the demo? That was a real problem

I actually think the shootings alright, (albeit the keepers may not be great), BUT it's really hard to tell honestly how the shooting is (for me anyway) because you're playing with top class strikers all the time. It won't be until we experience the Norwichs and the West Broms (even lower probably) that we can really judge. At least, that's the way it is for me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

as far as i know the finesse shot wont be so easy in 13, alot more likely to curl back in towards the keeper or fade past the far post. more imagination will be needed to score rather than constant finesse shots

Advertisement