Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching ADSL

Options
  • 21-04-2012 4:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi! I've checked out the router, and I see that I am hooked up to standard ADSL G instead of what I was told will be ADSL2+ when I ordered it.
    Tried switching it, but my dsl connection would show as offline, and I couldn't get any internet..
    Is it possible to change this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

thret wrote: »
    Hi! I've checked out the router, and I see that I am hooked up to standard ADSL G instead of what I was told will be ADSL2+ when I ordered it.
    Tried switching it, but my dsl connection would show as offline, and I couldn't get any internet..
    Is it possible to change this?

Hi thret,

Thanks for your post. Just to confirm your broadband is currently setup on up to 8Mb. This is a XDSL and ADSL port. Both are NGB enabled and your exchange itself is already ADSL2 compatible. You therefore have a choice of changing your package, by calling back into Sales.

They will able to tell when you originally signed up for your current chosen broadband package. If you have only signed up for your broadband package, and whether you need to have a new 12months contract. I've checked your broadband phoneline and this indicates that it would not prequalify for a higher speed than 15Mb. As when you signed up in the first place, you will need to assess if changing your package will benefit your broadband connection overall.

If you need to contact Broadband Sales - 1800503303 freefone

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Hi thret,

Thanks for your post. Just to confirm your broadband is currently setup on up to 8Mb. This is a XDSL and ADSL port. Both are NGB enabled and your exchange itself is already ADSL2 compatible. You therefore have a choice of changing your package, by calling back into Sales.

They will able to tell when you originally signed up for your current chosen broadband package. If you have only signed up for your broadband package, and whether you need to have a new 12months contract. I've checked your broadband phoneline and this indicates that it would not prequalify for a higher speed than 15Mb. As when you signed up in the first place, you will need to assess if changing your package will benefit your broadband connection overall.

If you need to contact Broadband Sales - 1800503303 freefone

Best wishes,
    Ant

Thanks for the reply ant.
    Would changing to 24mb/Adsl2 improve the quality of my line, therefore would I get better pingtimes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

thret wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply ant.
    Would changing to 24mb/Adsl2 improve the quality of my line, therefore would I get better pingtimes?

Thanks thret,

Yes, it would increase the speed of your broadband overall. It won't however improve your own personal computer(s) devices, games consoles or software applications: anti-virus, firewall(s), etc.

You can opt to change your package online or call into Broadband Sales:

Broadband Products

Broadband Sales : 1800503303 - freefone

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement