Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment Website Advice for Guru's Needed!

Options
  • 21-04-2012 6:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I would like to start an online business in the Employment Sector in a foreign country that is thriving at the minute. My business model for the website would be to offer free classified type advertising, similar to that of Gumtree for individual companies or private persons to advertise any such positions that they may have or indeed any persons looking for work.

I would like also to be able to charge companies and recruitment agencies for adding numerous jobs and also be able to make revenue from highlighting the adds of job seekers or employers so that they stand out.

I have no experience in the recruitment sector but I have a great knowledge of how things work where I am based in relation to seeking positions and know a good few agencies.

I would also like to be able to assess cv's online but I would be thinking that I could set up a partnership whereby I could sub contract out the CV reviews etc and make money from each referal.

I would be looking to start small and then build up the site as I go along. I have registered the name of my future site and I have set up a facebook page looking to enhance the brand awareness and get people as friends that are looking for work before the site goes live

I have a number of questions:

How viable would you think this may be for someone with relatively little or no recruitment experience?

How would you think I should go ahead with this prior to going online etc? Would the setting up of an facebook page be a good option going forward.

What other options would you think are available to make such a site succesful?

How would I start attracting agencies and employers when I have not got a live site. As stated I have actually set up a facebook page for it. Would you think a 3 month free trial would be the way forward? I have not been in contact with any body in relation to this yet.

Where could I seek advice on setting up such a site in relation to process and viability etc?

Any further advice in relation to this would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement