Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand furniture

• 21-04-2012 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭

So, I've searched the forum and any talk of this seems to be old.
    Need a few bits and the following names keep coming up
    JJ's on john st / broad st
    SVdeP on little catherine street
    Place on dock road behind Mike O'Dwyers motors
    Some place in patrickswell? (where is this, what is the name?)

Also in my searches have come across
    McCarthys behind the nissan garage in Ballysimon
    Dromkeen furniture

Any recommendations - need bedside lockers, wardrobes (maybe) some chairs, mirrors.

Have tried adverts (only wall stickers for sale there, hundreds of them) and donedeal. Not a lot going on on either. Jumbletown really is useless unless you are in Dublin area.

All advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There's one out by Thomond park, near Ballananty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Have you a facebook account because there is a page there called FREE TO GOOD HOME - basically you put what you need and if someone can help they usually do and if you have stuff you don't need you can post it up and the first person to comment that needs it will usually arrange collection.

Looking at the page just a few minutes ago and it seems to helping a good few people out, anything from baby clothes to a piano being given to a family with an autistic child.

The admins seems to be trying also to make sure nobody gets greedy and takes everything.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Nah, don't do facebook!
    Think I mixed up McCarthys with Brodericks.

Starting to realise how little I know of Limerick despite a few years here - if I don't have a name for a place and can't find it on Google Maps then I just won't find it I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

langdang wrote: »
    Nah, don't do facebook!
    Think I mixed up McCarthys with Brodericks.

Starting to realise how little I know of Limerick despite a few years here - if I don't have a name for a place and can't find it on Google Maps then I just won't find it I'd say.

Thats a pity that you don't do facebook, because the page i mentioned is great, if you want pm me tomorrow and i can try can to source you stuff via the page

• Registered Users Posts: 31 goodasgold

there is one just after st' leilas church in ballynanty , on the main road just before the fruit and veg shop . they are good . also you will pick up some bits in the vincent de paul shop in thomas st

• Advertisement
Advertisement