Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a womb ? Surrogacy, ladies would you do it ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Satts wrote: »
    Never say never.

Eh no, I have felt this way for the last 30 years and every day my decision to remain child free gets stronger and stronger.

I am quite happy this way and there is nothing wrong with it. In fact it feels like the most natural thing in the world for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Yes, I would do it for someone I knew and was close to - I don't think I could give a child that I carried for such a long period of time to someone I didn't know or knew I would not stay in contact with after the fact. I would not want to be the child's biological mother, separation would be easier for me, personally, that way.

It would have to be done on my own terms - I wouldn't expect any sort of payment but would expect private health care during and after (that is, anything related to giving birth) and whatever birthing plan I wanted. They get the baby at the end of the process, the least that can be done is my body be treated the way I want it to be. If I was bitched at for not "taking care of myself" (eating a bit of junk or whatever), that would be a deal breaker (and I would make this very clear before the whole process). I wouldn't change my mind and not give them the child at the end of it but they (whoever they were) would have to respect the fact that I am not theirs to order around/treat like an incubator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

I can offer natural insemination if you're good looking.
    *Bump*

But if you're firing blanks ............ no *Bump*

Advertisement