Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No DSL Light on Router

Options
  • 21-04-2012 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Ive got no light on the router for DSL. Can't connect to the Internet at all. The Internet itself had been dropping out constantly in the past 2 weeks but a quick reset fixed that each time. However, this time when I reset it the DSL never came back. Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Check this. However, it might not be the case if you didn't change anything.
    Go to 192.168.1.254
    Usual password would be "broadband1" unless you have changed it.
    Expand [+]Network on the left side
    Choose Internet(WAN)
    1. Make sure your WAN is on ADSL mode
    2. Make sure your Line modulation is set to Multi Mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No luck unfortunately. I rang eircom support and they told me to put the dsl cable into the phone part of the two way splitter. I did that and the dsl is now flashing but I don't have any light for the Internet. Not green or red.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

I got a weird problem too yesterday evening..
    My modem randomly rebooted itself, it got back up, all the lights were flashing green, but my internet still doesn't work.
    Rang them up, they told me they will send out new router, but I only got this one last week. :mad: No proper internet for another couple of days. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

SantryRed wrote: »
    No luck unfortunately. I rang eircom support and they told me to put the dsl cable into the phone part of the two way splitter. I did that and the dsl is now flashing but I don't have any light for the Internet. Not green or red.

Hi Santry
    If you PM me your telephone number we can check this for you. If no light at all there may be an issue on line??
    Tony

Advertisement