Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - GW35 Match Day Thread

• 21-04-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭

So...... Had a close call there. Logged in at 25 past only to realise I hadn't changed my captain from Sess last week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Feck it, stayed loyal to RVP (even captained him) and Rooney, didn't bring in Aguero and/or Tevez.

If RVP does nothing against Chelsea, this weekend is going to be hellish.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Captained Aguero, dropped Rooney. Need Aguero to deliver and Rooney to not significantly outscore RVP to justify it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Banking on Sunderland keeping a clean sheet this week and Swansea conceding.

Captained Aguero and vice captained Cisse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hoping for a decent week this week to catch up on the leaders! 60 points from the top with only a few wks to go! Need RVP to outscore Rooney and Tevez to outscore Aguero to make some ground up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Looking good fro RVP with two decent wingers playing and chelsea with a weakened team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

#cfc: Cech; Bosingwa Cahill Terry Bertrand; Essien Romeu Malouda; Sturridge Torres Kalou.

#afc: Szczesny; Sagna Vermaelen Koscielny Gibbs; Song Ramsey; Walcott Rosicky Oxlade-Chamberlain; Van Persie

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Looking good fro RVP with two decent wingers playing and chelsea with a weakened team

If Walcott can get at that Bertrand chap then there could be a lot of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

If Walcott can get at that Bertrand chap then there could be a lot of goals.
    The ox should kill bosingwa, dont think bertrand is too bad but not sure if he has the pace for walcott tho.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Left Sagna on the bench, seeing the chelsea team I'm wondering if he could end up with a clean sheet =/

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Left Sagna on the bench, seeing the chelsea team I'm wondering if he could end up with a clean sheet =/

there's rarely a cs in a London derby. hoping for some points from VP and Theodore, though hoping for more from Theodore as some will have captained VP

• Advertisement

Checked my friends team there. He took yet another 4 point hit to get in a few DGW players this week. He has Wheater, Miyaichi, Gabby and Collins. Really hoping for a quiet week from them and especially Gabby.

Checked my friends team there. He took yet another 4 point hit to get in a few DGW players this week. He has Wheater, Miyaichi, Gabby and Collins. Really hoping for a quiet week from them and especially Gabby.

Bag-bonglahor hasn't scored for around 5 months

manual_man wrote: »

Yea I know. I had him that week and got rid a few weeks after. He was hopeless. Still though it's always a nervous time when someone else has captained a DGW player.

Yea I know. I had him that week and got rid a few weeks after. He was hopeless. Still though it's always a nervous time when someone else has captained a DGW player.

True. You'd expect them to score against Bolton at least. Got in Albrighton on a whim so some points from him would be lovely since I'm about the only person this side of the Atlantic that has him

True. You'd expect them to score against Bolton at least. Got in Albrighton on a whim so some points from him would be lovely since I'm about the only person this side of the Atlantic that has him

Could be a great one if it works.

I've avoided them. Was tempted a few weeks ago but I'm sceptical enough of the DGWs in general, never mind when it's a terrible Villa team and a dodgy Bolton one involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

RVP should have scored there, idiot trying to be fancy

Chelsea all over Arsenal at the moment

Koscielny really should have scored with that header.

Arsenal had some beautiful passes late in the half. If they play like that in the second half then they'll rip Chelsea apart.

Ramsey is a big weak link in there for them though. The loss of Arteta is really being felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RVP booked,this game has nil-nil written all over it,even the commentator is starting to sound bored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

RVP is currently front of the line for the chop this weekend.

EDIT

Walcott is gone, hamstring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Walcott coming off 59 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

sure he made it as far as 60 minutes ??? :D

/please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Glad I did Walcott to Dempsey this week so

**** did Walcott make the 60? Gervinho walked on the pitch at 59:59 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

**** did Walcott make the 60? Gervinho walked on the pitch at 59:59 I think.

it will be classed as 59 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

#nufc Krul - Simpson Coloccini Williamson Santon - Cabaye Tiote Gutierrez - Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

#scfc Begovic - Wilkinson Huth Shawcross Wilson - Shotton Whelan Palacios Etherington - Crouch Walters

#AVFC: Given, Lichaj, Collins, Cuellar, Baker, Albrighton, Herd, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Weimann

#SAFC: Mignolet, O’Shea (C), Bardsley, Turner, Kilgallon, Larsson, McClean, Colback, Gardner, Sessegnon, Bendtner.” 

#NCFC starting XI - Ruddy, R Martin, Drury, Vaughan, Holt (c), Surman, Hoolahan, E Bennett, Ward, Howson, R Bennett

Blackburn team v Norwich: Robinson (C), Givet, Dunn, Formica, Pedersen, Dann, Orr, Olsson, Hoilett, Yakubu, Lowe #ROVERS” 

Not in order but here are the teams for the 3 ko.

Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez; Ba, Cisse.

SWANS: Vorm, Rangel, Caulker, Williams, Taylor, Britton, Allen, Dyer, Sinclair, Sigurdsson, Graham

VILLA: Given, Lichaj, Collins, Cuellar, Baker, Albrighton, Herd, Ireland, N’Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Weimann. #AVFC

BWFC: Bogdan, Steinsson, Wheater, Ream, Ricketts, Ryo, Reo-Coker, M Davies, Petrov, Eagles, K Davies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

59:45 Substitution
    Substitution Yao Gervinho joins the action as a substitute, replacing Theo Walcott.

gustafo wrote: »

That'll be a very costly point. Could be the difference between a few hundred places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gustafo wrote: »

Yup, 59 feckin minutes,could he not have hobbled around for a few more seconds.

There's my mind made up for me regarding one transfer next week,was kinda planning it anyway though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement