Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Televised moments that brought tears to your eyes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

ewwwwww feelings and emotions....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

When Jason banged Kylie.
    I so wanted to be the one to knock her up!

Waaaaa Waaaaaa................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Wallace
    being killed in The Wire brought me damn close to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

This startlingly brave artistic statement brought a tear to my eye at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Betty Driver tribute episode of Corrie last night..

Sob :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Nan dying in the Royle Family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Telly fell on my foot when I was little :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

When the little girl zombie walked out of the barn in The Walking Dead..

The finale of Battle star Galactica, the wire too, but mostly because I was just sad they were over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

That Pokemon episode when Ash is in an igloo somewhere and he puts all his Pokemon into their pokeballs to keep them warm but they come out and hug him to keep him warm.

What can I say, I'm a 90s child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Blackadder Goes Forth finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

When King Kong fell off the skyscraper:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭battle_hardend

maradona,s second goal against england at the 1986 world cup , exquisite art

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Fry's dog waiting for him, damn you Futurama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

kfallon wrote: »

+1

But for me it was from a different angle.

I'd just returned home from service in Lebanon when the attacks happened, in my home unit we were getting reports back that the situation in Lebanon was tense as the locals were celebrating the attacks.

But worse than that was my son who was only ten at the time worked himself into a state over the next few days thinking this was the beginning of a world war and that I'd be called away again.. Even thinking back at his turmoil now I get a little misty eyed.

So on a personal level that's what 9/11 mean's to me.

Other than that I'd say Mandela's release from prison and Mick Carruth's Olympic Gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Beslan, I have never seen anything more horrifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Roger Williamson's fatal crash at the Dutch Grand Prix. It is the actions of David Purley, a fellow driver who abandoned his race to try and rescue Roger that makes this video so sad. His walking away at the end hits me. Such a helpless, frustrated, heart breaking walk. What he now calls the saddest day of his life.

Edit: I posted a more detailed post about this before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Beslan, I have never seen anything more horrifying.

You haven't seen or heard Amanda Brunker singing on stage then!
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjvv24_rotten-amanda-brunker-singing-at-oxygen-festival-2011_music

That on TV would make anyone cry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

seeing some tart doing a lapdance on big brother years ago, think her name was sam. brought a tear to my eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

brummytom wrote: »
    Nan dying in the Royle Family

have to admit i got a bit of a lump in my throat watching that too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

When the Chilean miners were rescued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Such a shame they had to cancel this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭banie01

+1 on Futurama....Those writers are great at emotional triggers!
    The 1 where fry finds out about his nephew, and the 1 where he rearranges the stars for Leela.
    The Ireland v England game at Croke Park...
    I was living abroad and watching the game in a bar with a few English ex-pats who couldn't understand the furore over what this game meant to many Irish...
    I explained a bit of the history to them particularly around bloody Sunday...
    When the teams came out on the pitch and the Anthem was sang I cried :'(
    During the game I was ecstatic as we put England to the sword :)

At the end of the game one of the English lads turned to me and said...' I can see what that meant to ye....But christ I bet our lads wish they brought the machine guns today!'

But not counting sports...
    1.The Enniskillen bombing and the video footage of the aftermath.
    2. The Omagh bombing, I thought the peace process was going to fall apart and the cycle start again.
    3. Drumcree....exposing kids to that level of hatred for the sake of confrontational sectarian 'tradition'

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tarkus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Pj! wrote: »
    Roger Williamson's fatal crash at the Dutch Grand Prix. It is the actions of David Purley, a fellow driver who abandoned his race to try and rescue Roger that makes this video so sad. His walking away at the end hits me. Such a helpless, frustrated, heart breaking walk. What he now calls the saddest day of his life.

I had never seen that before....how utterly heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Pj! wrote: »

First time seeing it, its actually shocking the lack of help from the people at the scene. So sad for Purley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Charlie Chaplin returns to Hollywood to receive an Oscar, 20 years after being kicked out of the United States. You would need a heart of stone not to be moved by this speech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

When donald fischer left summer bay, only time i ever cried watcing tv, poor flathead

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

When Shane died in Home & Away :o I was only about 7

The whole episode of The Royle Family when nana died, from when she said "Im not a burden am I Barbara"

Watched a terribly sad show about a cancer hospice a while back, one woman's daughter had Down Syndrome and didn't know what was going on and then the woman died in the end... I was in bits!

/waaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Anything to do with Terry Fox, yer man who ran across Canada after his leg had been amputated. He did it to raise money for cancer research and I think he was one of the bravest men who ever lived. Every time he is even mentioned on TV my eyes well up with tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Hillsborough, not sure if I was watching it live. I think I was. But remember seeing people running on to the pitch, I was only a kid too,but it got to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

The finale of Lost sent me into a rabid rage - does that count ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Would have to be that Late Late Show clip of Brendan Kenneally reciting a poem for the lady on the phone who was on the show because she could win a prize of a car but had lost her daughter to a car accident the night before.

sorry... no link!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152758/

Unreal & without doubt the best documentary I have ever seen. I often think of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

How on earth did this ever happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcdnzeoBJT4

I was there.
    Bastards :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Joy, for the right reasons: Mandela walks to freedom http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7499429.stm

Shock, horror, disbelief: Hillsborough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

More importantly how did this ever happen:

I suspect Mayan prophecy culminating in the events of 2012

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

In Scrubs when Jordans brother, Ben, dies. Seeing Dr.Cox cry would bring any man to tears!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭shancoduff

Masala wrote: »
    Would have to be that Late Late Show clip of Brendan Kenneally reciting a poem for the lady on the phone who was on the show because she could win a prize of a car but had lost her daughter to a car accident the night before.

sorry... no link!

I remember seeing that in a video thread on this, it's really awkward as well as sad- even though the Late Late often has serious interviews with people who suffered a tragedy no one was expecting that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Every blasted episode of Lassie.....

He was permanently seconds from death ALL the time.....

Spent my youth sniveling over that mutt!....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

When "Princess" Diana died, I was watching Sky News when word was coming through, and I cried, but not for Diana, more for how my mother would feel when she woke up to the news, and then for Diana's sons.

The day of the Twin Towers attack. It wasn't even the event that got me going, but I went to work after it happened and all the scummy dickheads I worked with were all laughing about it, saying "They got what they deserved.", which made me desperately sad.

Movie allowed?
    The end of 'Dancer in the Dark' had me blubbing like a fuucking baby.

Internet allowed?
    I know it was the most emotionally manipulative piece of shït ever seen, but I was on a come-down from something or other, and watched Kony 2012, and once she (gf) blubbed I blubbed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Watched this on Discovery I think. Basically, this guy had a condition, that mean't his skin was in such poor state, it would come off so easily, he was always sick and in pain. He had an amazing attitude to it all, he knew he would die and suffer, but he said "I've just got a dodgy shell, that's all, a dodgy shell." That made me cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭ducksmalone

Brian leaves westside

without doubt,the single worst day of the year....

not the fact that Brian Macfadden was leaving,but the fact that the 4 other kunts decided to keep westlife going,thankfully they have seen the errors of their ways and have since disbanded.

...... Bambi's mother dies:( close thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

The Angeles it reminds of the suffering of our saviour Jebus.

**This tv does not support HD blah blah blah**

I needed a new HD cable at 9 oclock at night, no tele for the evening, I cried gloops, I was inconsolable. It won't happen again I now have an emergency HD cable in a glass case on the wall beside the tele. Lesson learnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The WWE tribute night for Eddie Guerrero was very emotional, as were the ones for Owen Hart and Chris Benoit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement