Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breathyliser

Options
  • 21-04-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭

Anyone purchased a breathyliser for home use, for kids of a certain age? And if so, do you find it is of any use as a deterrant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I think its a very heavy handed and potentially damaging way to deal with the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I've never heard of anyone doing this.

Obviously I don't know the background behind this at all, but surely there are more positive constructive ways of dealing with the situation?

I know that if my parents had attempted this with me, it wouldn't have deterred me from drinking, but it would certainly have deterred me from coming home afterwards, if I thought I was going to be tested! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

deandean wrote: »
    Anyone purchased a breathyliser for home use, for kids of a certain age? And if so, do you find it is of any use as a deterrant?

:eek:

Are you serious?

sure if they come home drunk you know they have been drinking and if they come home after having one at least they had the sense only to have one and not get plastered.

I believe it takes 1 hour for the body to get rid of alcohol so technically a child could have 2 pints and come home after 3 hours and have a negative read.

Advertisement