Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Musical Sound Engineering

• 21-04-2012 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey Guys!
    I know this is the wrong place to post this but its going here for a reason. I am interested in live sound engineering and was wondering what was involved with it? I've done shows for years so I understand the basics (Like the mics are connected to the mixer which can open and close the channels) etc. and i was really wondering if i could find out more about it. Maybe equipment suppliers or websites with information etc. I would really appreciate it of anybody can help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

A lot of the gear the sound guys use is Sennheiser as it is one of the most reliable brands.

Some of the sound boards are very straight forward, others are very complicated. All the mics are programmed on a frequency which is sent to the sound board via a transmitter near the stage. Any non radio microphones such as rifle mics in front of the stage are often plugged directly into the transmitters.

For more info it might be worth posting on www.aist.ie - the association of Irish Stage technicians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Make it up as you go along with loads of feedback as some of them do:D:D (only joking). A good sound person shouldn't be noticed at all from the point of things running smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Paul.M92

athtrasna wrote: »
    A lot of the gear the sound guys use is Sennheiser as it is one of the most reliable brands.

Some of the sound boards are very straight forward, others are very complicated. All the mics are programmed on a frequency which is sent to the sound board via a transmitter near the stage. Any non radio microphones such as rifle mics in front of the stage are often plugged directly into the transmitters.

For more info it might be worth posting on www.aist.ie - the association of Irish Stage technicians.

Fantastic! finally found a new direction to follow... thanks :)

Advertisement