Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Query

• 21-04-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for a little advice regarding a few TV's I'm looking at buying:

I was in DID today & was looking at 3 Panasonic Veira LED TV's all 42 inch. As far as I can understand the main difference between them is the refresh rate. The cheapest at approx €1000 is 400 Hz, next is 800Hz while the most expensive at €1600 is 1600Hz. My question is, is it worth the extra for the 1600Hz tv. I watch allot of sport but dont have a HD feed...

Thanks for the help

Benny

edit: this is the spec of the TV in question: http://www.did.ie/panasonic-viera-42-led-tv-tx-l42dt50b

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

That's a lot of money to see the same image 32 times (assuming 50hz source signal).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

The highest frame rate that the panel can cope with is 200Hz. Anything else is based on backlight blinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

i think a lot of the technology there is related to 3D which you will probably never use

Advertisement