Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent - how to send forms to London?

Options
  • 21-04-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hey all, please can someone help - I posted my forms a month ago to London by Canada Post registered post with signature required. I just looked in my spam folder and they never delivered it, they said there was noone there to sign. I have no idea where my original forms are, i am gutted.

How did everyone else send their forms to London? I assume I'll have to pay for UPS or FedEx at this point.

Please help!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I posted them by Registered Mail from Ireland. Are you sure they haven't been delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I sent it by registered post requiring signature. I called Canada Post and they have no record of it once it left Canada. I just don't know what to do. The email that I thought was from Canada Post was spam but then I called them and they have no f*cking idea where my forms are!!!!!!!!

Maybe it has been received in London but I was supposed to get a delivery receipt from Canada Post which i did not. They also have no record of it being delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

My original forms are in the wind, no sign of them anywhere. No one available from Canada Post or Royal Mail to find them. If they are indeed lost, they are my originals so how am I supposed to get another garda cert (i'm in canada) in time. I'm nearing the 18 month deadline.

Canada Post. I actually feel like going on a rampage right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

That sucks. Best thing to do is assume the worst and immediately get someone in Ireland to apply to your local garda district superintendent for a new cert explaining the other is lost in the post. The instructions are here:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/law_enforcement/police_certificate.html

Either get them to send it to address in ireland and someone forwards it to you in canada or else include a stamped address envelope with enough stamps for Canada. HOwever prob best to get it delivered to someone in ireland and get them to fedex it over to you so it doesnt also get lost in the post ;)

Then just reapply for the iec again, if the old forms turn up you will get an email so you can advise them to ignore your new application. The only thing your waiting on is the garda cert and if you follow the above process it will take about 2 weeks.

However they could have just been redelivered and canada post hasnt notified you and the iec people are so slow acknowledging you just don't know. Apply for the cert straight away anyway to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

i had the same issue i called royal mail UK and they saoid they delivered it and sent me a copy of the signature

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Longarm

I had a similar problem with Canada Post. Sent mine by registered post from B.C. early February and the status showed arrived in U.K. less than a week later. However I got no update after that and Canada Post refused to investigate for a full month. Once they did have a look into it, they (or Royal Mail), located and delivered it to the High Commission within 24 hours.

In short, Canada Post are absolutely useless. Despite paying all the money for tracking, registered post etc., your letter needs to be missing for a full month before they will even consider looking for it. I will never use them again.

If you do have to resend go FedEx or UPS, maybe they might provide better service.

Advertisement