Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What evidence for skilled employment for visa

Options
  • 21-04-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, just a quick question. I'm trying to find out what evidence that I need to produce to prove evidence in skilled employment for an Australian visa. Does anyone know what they want or even where I can find this information.
    I'm an engineer and a company that I worked for a few years ago had gone bust so it may be hard to get the information that they require. I have a contract, reference and some other bits. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

the contract and the reference would prove that you were for working them and it should also state what your role was when working for them, i would also include wage slips or bank statements showing your wages being lodged every week/month. I would definetly try and contact the boss of the company and see if he can give you a letter confirming your length of employment and what specific jobs you were doing, if you cannot get this letter i would then include a cover letter stating that the company has finished trading and that you tried but could not get a letter from them confirming how long you worked for them and what your specific duties were, you could outline in this letter your role within the company and your specific duties, length of employment etc. if they are not happy with your proof of skilled employment they will just come back and ask for more information, this will slow down your application a bit so best to send as much as you can off to them now.
    GL

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Pabs wrote: »
    Hello, just a quick question. I'm trying to find out what evidence that I need to produce to prove evidence in skilled employment for an Australian visa. Does anyone know what they want or even where I can find this information.
    I'm an engineer and a company that I worked for a few years ago had gone bust so it may be hard to get the information that they require. I have a contract, reference and some other bits. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

You could write a statutory declartion stating what your role was, how long you worked for etc. Get it witnessed by an appropriate person and then its a legal document.

Advertisement