Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forearm tattoos on women

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I don't like the way this sort of discussion tends to slide into "what other people think doesn't matter, and if it does then tattoos aren't for you""

Of course what other people think matters. None of us exists in a bubble. Clearly how other people perceive us will effect our interactions, and I think that considering that effect before and after getting tattooed is a reasonable thing to do. I think it's the only reasonable thing to do, in fact.

And the only person you will spend your entire life with is you, so really when it comes to your body yours is the only opinion that matters.
    Like I previously said long sleeves cover when needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I think you should totally go for it, if it's what you want. Look at Scarlett Johansson, one of the most feminine women in Hollywood, she's got a tattoo on her inner forearm and her wrist, and she's still sexy!

article-2134637-12912408000005DC-840_468x643.jpg

scarlett-johansson-tattoo-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

And the only person you will spend your entire life with is you, so really when it comes to your body yours is the only opinion that matters.
    Like I previously said long sleeves cover when needed.

uh huh. And the only person who will live with your decision is you, and I think you owe it to yourself to actually consider how it will effect your life.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

One thing I will say is be prepared for people to grab your arm to have a gawk. I love my forearm tattoos, and I don't even see them anymore as they are a part of me now, but strangers feel it's ok to grab my arm or point when I'm paying for something. Not in an offensive way, just curiosity.

Be prepared for the attention it'll bring.

jenizzle wrote: »
    One thing I will say is be prepared for people to grab your arm to have a gawk. I love my forearm tattoos, and I don't even see them anymore as they are a part of me now, but strangers feel it's ok to grab my arm or point when I'm paying for something. Not in an offensive way, just curiosity.

Be prepared for the attention it'll bring.

Yes, this happens a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I've never had anyone grab my arm to look at my tattoo. They'll ask about it, but not grab.

Maybe that says something about my face :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

hdowney wrote: »
    that is gorgeous. i think it will look amazing

+1

I've never had anyone grab my arm to look at my tattoo. They'll ask about it, but not grab.

In bars mostly. In normal day to day circumstances most just ask about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yes it looks amazing now youve gone and giving me ideas haha.I so badly want another tattoo im itching for one,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I love tattoos on women very sexy, not enough tattooed women around in my opinion!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 kyle123

it depends on the woman. like men to only some people can make it look good and others cant. most women iv seen with them it dosnt suit but others ud think it was mento be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just to venture back to the "visible tattoos" topic.

I work in the legal sector. I am regularly in court and at least 2-3 times a year spend 1-2 weeks in the High Court in Dublin. In my present position there is absolutely no way I could get my arms tattooed. Unless I want to sweat every ounce of fat off my body running around the Four Courts I couldn't possibly spend all my days in long sleeves and that is my only option. There is absolutely no way I would appear before a Judge or even be around my colleagues with tats up and down my arms. And I know what some of you are going to say, don't let these people judge you etc. etc. but unfortunately there are jobs in which to be taken seriously you have to hold back on your personal appearance.

Personally I'm not mad into tattoos on arms unless it's a full sleeve (himself is sleeved up on both arms) so for me it would be all or nothing.

It's funny though because my boss wouldn't be into the tattooed look at all. The majority of her experience with tattooed lads is scumbags down in the District Court so you can kind of understand how she formed her opinion on tattoos etc. But she has seen pictures of my bf's tattoos and she can appreciate that they are art (he has a full back piece, both arms sleeved up and has recently started work on his stomach) as opposed to your regular scumbag ink that is nothing more than a "hard man" symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

OP here ^_^

Well I went with ankle in the end
    and changed the design slightly to avoid the bone
    Here it is!

2hceyqq.jpg

Poor quality pic with bad lighting, but it's the best my phone will do :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Just to venture back to the "visible tattoos" topic.

I work in the legal sector. I am regularly in court and at least 2-3 times a year spend 1-2 weeks in the High Court in Dublin. In my present position there is absolutely no way I could get my arms tattooed. Unless I want to sweat every ounce of fat off my body running around the Four Courts I couldn't possibly spend all my days in long sleeves and that is my only option. There is absolutely no way I would appear before a Judge or even be around my colleagues with tats up and down my arms. And I know what some of you are going to say, don't let these people judge you etc. etc. but unfortunately there are jobs in which to be taken seriously you have to hold back on your personal appearance.

Personally I'm not mad into tattoos on arms unless it's a full sleeve (himself is sleeved up on both arms) so for me it would be all or nothing.

It's funny though because my boss wouldn't be into the tattooed look at all. The majority of her experience with tattooed lads is scumbags down in the District Court so you can kind of understand how she formed her opinion on tattoos etc. But she has seen pictures of my bf's tattoos and she can appreciate that they are art (he has a full back piece, both arms sleeved up and has recently started work on his stomach) as opposed to your regular scumbag ink that is nothing more than a "hard man" symbol.
    This is interesting for me. I am currently studying to move into law and I am looking a getting a forearm tattoo (I am a bloke though, so this is slight off topic...). I have kind of assumed that my forearm is unlikely to be uncovered while I am working, so I have not really given it too much thought, perhaps I should reconsider...

MrP

For guys it's not as much of a big deal. You will more than likely be in long sleeved shirts and suits. Women tend to wear either short sleeves or 3/4 length sleeves, most of the dresses I wear for work are sleeveless, especially in the Summer. You should be grand, I wouldn't reconsider. There's a difference between normally wearing long sleeved shirts for work and being forced to wear them to cover yourself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

For guys it's not as much of a big deal. You will more than likely be in long sleeved shirts and suits. Women tend to wear either short sleeves or 3/4 length sleeves, most of the dresses I wear for work are sleeveless, especially in the Summer. You should be grand, I wouldn't reconsider. There's a difference between normally wearing long sleeved shirts for work and being forced to wear them to cover yourself up.
    yeah, that is kind of what I was thinking / hoping. I reckon I will crack on with it. What is the worst that could happen. :D

MrP

Do sure. I've never seen a solicitor stand in court with the shirt sleeves rolled up or the like, regardless of the weather. As it is, most judges still make barristers wear their wigs even when the sun is splitting the trees outside :P

Anyway, gone way OT now, sorry OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Do sure. I've never seen a solicitor stand in court with the shirt sleeves rolled up or the like, regardless of the weather. As it is, most judges still make barristers wear their wigs even when the sun is splitting the trees outside :P

Anyway, gone way OT now, sorry OP.

Tut tut, you should know better young lady!! :P :pac:

Advertisement