Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4 call problems

• 21-04-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi i have an iphone 4 i bought about 3 weeks ago on gumtree it was working fine until lastnight i could not make or recieve calls or cant send a message but i can recieve messages im on vodafone just looking for a bit of help thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Are you getting a signal? Are the messages that are coming though SMS or iMessages (from other iPhone users)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Stockey1994

Yes have full signal and the messages are sms from a nokia 6303. Just checked there cant ring 999 either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Sounds like it was reported lost or stolen and blacklisted. Ring up Vodafone and ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Have you tried turning off 3G and Cellular Data in Network settings under the General tab?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Definetly sounds like it has been reported lost/stolen.
    Ring Vodafone with the imei number and they'll tell u straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Sounds like whoever sold it to you fcuked you over mate. Ring up Vodafone. And ring up the seller

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Have you tried turning off 3G and Cellular Data in Network settings under the General tab?
    How would that have anything to do with calls?

guil wrote: »
    How would that have anything to do with calls?

It has been a known issue with the iPhone 4. Just google 'not receiving calls and texts on iPhone 4' and see how widespread it is!

It has been a known issue with the iPhone 4. Just google 'not receiving calls and texts on iPhone 4' and see how widespread it is!
    look again and see how many are from ireland, 5 or 6 and 1 or 2 of the issues involved porting to another network

guil wrote: »
    look again and see how many are from ireland, 5 or 6 and 1 or 2 of the issues involved porting to another network

The issue is very common actually, I have experienced it on my iPhone 4, and my friend also, therefore it's highly possible he could be experiencing the same issue, barring of course that the phone has been blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Subber08

How do you go about sorting this problem nutzz?? Vodafone sent back my phone as it's out of warranty (bought it 2nd hand) and saying something like they don't repair iPhone 4????

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DeclanF

Hi Subber

Chek the sim tray, make sure u are using a genuine iphone sim tray.
    Iv spent the last two weeks tormenting myslf with this issue. I originally had my 4s unlocked using gevey sim, it worked for a few weeks and then i started getting call failed issues. I then decided to get a full unlock done on the phone using imeiunlock.com. The phone was unlocked perfectly and would accept any sim card. it would work fine but then after a few mins, the call failed reappeared. it was only yesterday that i realised that the sim tray i was using was i little bit different in design as it has to hold the gevey sim, i reinstalled the original sim tray and phone is working fine, fingers crossed.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Subber08

Thanks for that, I'm presuming it is the original tray as the phone is not unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DeclanF

have a look at this, seems a lot of people had this issue with faulty phones, i dont think there is a fix for it as yet

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3400145?start=210&tstart=0

Advertisement