Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cullenstown Strand

Options
  • 21-04-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all
    I'm trying to find out the names, if any of the 2 islands about a mile out from Cullenstown strand. Also if anyone knows are they privately owned like the Saltee Islands , I was thinking of paddling out to explore someday. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi all
    I'm trying to find out the names, if any of the 2 islands about a mile out from Cullenstown strand. Also if anyone knows are they privately owned like the Saltee Islands , I was thinking of paddling out to explore someday. Cheers.

The Keeragh Islands? Not sure what the ownership status is though

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

From what I understand they were part of the Bannow House estate when the boys family owned it, however when the estate was sold they became a wildlife preserve under the protection of the state.

Some locals do sail out there, so its probably not an issue, i'd check that the seals weren't calvin before I went out the tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Oh its well more than a mile tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 philoflyer1

Thanks folks your a wealth of knowledge ha

Advertisement