Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was this Website made?

• 21-04-2012 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Guys :),

I hope this is the right place for this thread and hope someone can help me, I really need help, there is this amazing website that I've been visiting quite alot for a while now and I really like it alot. I've already asked the person who made it, I've also emailed somebody who made a similar one. The website is called top documentary films [dot] com. I came up with this great idea that I really want to make a website for it, I have no idea where to start, I really like the layout, the themes, the tabs, the ads, the labelling, the featuring etc..., I'm not trying to copy his idea, mine is different, not really a site for documentaries, I didn't get any response from the person I've emailed, I found this other website that had all the details about all kinds of websites, like what was used to make it, the licensing and statistics etc... but I lost the link, to be honest, I didn't understand most of the details lol. Hope someone can help me, have a look at the website and see what you can tell me.

RSVP

Thank you sooo much.

Tc :)

Stargazerlily :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Wordpress, with a custom theme. I'm sure you could find another similar one on themeforest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mikerawlins

Yes. this is a wordpress blog installed in the server and uploaded a customize theme. The scripts can be downloaded easily on wordpress and can be uploaded easily. There are hundreds of tutorials out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 abbyleon

There are plugins for crome and firefox that can detect cms used by a website just by visiting that website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 treacyjane

Wordpress, with a custom theme.

easy and best one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Well its a simple enough one looks like wordpress, some html/css in it for info and design and a tiny bitta javascripting at the bottom function one is to load films into the slots second one no idea but as theres no comments throughout coding or anything i'd say this was coded by word press.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 .stargazerlily.

Ok Got it.

Thanks so much!

:D

Advertisement