Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I moved to Richmond today...

Options
  • 21-04-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hey,

As the title says i moved to richmond today but have no idea of where anythinh is in the area :-) Can anyone recommend any good bars,restaurants etc in the area? Also does anyone know if there is a payg gym in the area? Been eating far too much ****e since iv been here :-)
    Seems like a really nice area though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

zweton wrote: »
    Hey,

As the title says i moved to richmond today but have no idea of where anythinh is in the area :-) Can anyone recommend any good bars,restaurants etc in the area? Also does anyone know if there is a payg gym in the area? Been eating far too much ****e since iv been here :-)

The Australian Brewery, bar and restaurant is not too far from Richmond. Great homemade brews and the food is good too.

http://australianbrewery.com.au/

There is a nice Spanish tapas bar, cant remember the name. One or two nice places in nearby Windosr too.
    Active8 gym on francis street looks allright, haven't tried it. There are loads of gyms in the whole western Sydney region that would suit, Windsor, Richmond, Penrith, Rouse Hill...take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

If you like Asian food just walk down Victoria Street on Thurs-Sun night and find restaurants that are packed full of Asian people (who actually know proper Asian food) and just go there. Its a tactic I have used for years and it has never steered me wrong!

Can't really remember any bar names but the London Tavern on Lennox is great craic before and after footy in the `G, especially if Richmond are playing.

7 grams coffee on Church St. does best coffee I've had in Richmond as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Hey,

If your looking for decent restaurants anywhere in Melbourne, this website is pretty good http://www.urbanspoon.com/c/71/Melbourne-restaurants.html

Also isn't Der Raum in Richmond? Meant to be one of the best cocktails in Australia.. I really want to go before I leave next week

Oh and if you hop on the #78/79 tram to South Yarra (5-10 mins from Richmond) there is a good gym called 'Fit n Fast' in the Vogue Shopping centre. Only $15 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Hey,

Where about in Richmond? Its big. I love the Corner bar for live gigs and its rooftop bar is really good too. Victoria street has some great Vietnamese restaurants and The VIC on Victoria street used to be my local.

I'm still a member off the Richmond Recreation Centre which is a very good gym and also has a 50m pool. Its not too bad fees wise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Im on Cubitt Street which is 5 miniutes walk from Richmond station.
    Is the corner bar the corner hotel? I have passed it a few times.

• Advertisement

Sorry yea the corner hotel its a good place the downstairs has a bit of a grunge style and a bit run down but the upstairs is a really nice bar. They get really good band playing there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

Thought you meant Richmond Sydney :eek:

Ya i knew you meant sydney, no worries.

Quick one, is $400 p/w alot to be paying for a room in a house share in Richmond? There is two of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Quick one, is $400 p/w alot to be paying for a room in a house share in Richmond? There is two of us.

That is very expensive, are bills/broadband etc included? You could get a nice 1 bed apt in most inner burbs for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Yes very expensive. You would have a very nice 2 bed apartment in that area for that price. Granted it would be unfurnished.

s.c wrote: »

Yes very expensive. You would have a very nice 2 bed apartment in that area for that price. Granted it would be unfurnished.

Its quite a large room, has an ensuite bathroom too. Yes bills included wifi etc
    Moving on again in 3 mths time so dont want to be furnishing a place.

Its quite a large room, has an ensuite bathroom too. Yes bills included wifi etc
    Moving on again in 3 mths time so dont want to be furnishing a place.

Thats a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Zweton - Are you a dude?

My mates and I discovered an amazing spot for night out in Richmond.

Cannot broadcast it. Its full of women and dont want the ratio changing ya know ;)

Will send ya a PM. Its like taking candy from a babe !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Doc wrote: »
    Thats a rip off.
    Thats Sydney for you

Zambia wrote: »
    Thats Sydney for you

OP is in Richmond Melbourne. 400 a week for a double bedroom in a shared house is way too much for Richmond. Even for a bouble with ensuite. You can get a one be flat for that money.

I pay 500 a week for a two bed flat just off Smith street.

dave3004 wrote: »
    Zweton - Are you a dude?

Cannot broadcast it. Its full of women and dont want the ratio changing ya know ;)

Indeed, send it on :-)

Doc wrote: »
    Zambia wrote: »
    Thats Sydney for you

OP is in Richmond Melbourne. 400 a week for a double bedroom in a shared house is way too much for Richmond. Even for a bouble with ensuite. You can get a one be flat for that money.

I pay 500 a week for a two bed flat just off Smith street.

Looked at alot worse places for 300-350 a week, will be moving on in 3 mths so didnt want to go furnishing a place. I think 200 each aint bad. Its a very big room with built in wardrobes etc,oh ya its a king bed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

dave3004 wrote: »
    Zweton - Are you a dude?

spill

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

im just on the corner of bridge and punt, few nice places around, blueberry on swan is awson for breakfast, and the bridge hotel is good for a sunday session.
    mountain goat brewery is great on a Wednesday night too. think bar 9t4 has to be one of the best in Melbourne when the tunes get going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

I work in the wonderful Mountain goat brewery, Pretty good for pizza n beers mid week. I've heard the corner hotel is really good, Richmond hotel is good too.

Guys, any good places to eat around this area?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

Princess_N wrote: »
    I work in the wonderful Mountain goat brewery, Pretty good for pizza n beers mid week. I've heard the corner hotel is really good, Richmond hotel is good too.

corner hotel is great for gigs. the rochester does a good indie night on a saturday.

Guys, any good places to eat around this area?

Like I said make your way to Victoria street there are some great Vietnamese and Chines places along it.

Was looking for something a bit more closer, bite to eat after work.
    Somewhere on swan street possibly.

Advertisement