Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fathers Rights

Options
  • 21-04-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi All,

I am hoping someone could help me on this. I have a 5 years old son who lives in the uk I moved back from the uk after my break up with my then girlfriend at the time.

I see my son at least every 5-6 weeks for a week and I pay for all the flights to see him pick him up from the airport and fly back with him the same day I have done this for the past 3 years now and she agreed that she would do the 2 hour drive to drop him off and pick him up when his time is up when he is over visiting me here in Ireland.

I also pay child support for him every 2 weeks as it how I get paid and I still pay her this money when he is here with me.

I would never not give her child support for my son as I love him to bits and I want him looked after.

Yesterday she calls me saying that she be to see a lawyer and he had told her that she should be geting 15 per cent of what I earn.

I suppose the question I am asking is she correct? and should I have to pay her pertol money on top of this to bring my son to the airport.

She only does this 3 times a year and it was her that offered to do this a you can imange the cost of flights etc.

Sorry for the long post. if it helps she get 100 euro every 2 weeks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Consult a solicitor, all legal advice is banned sitewide.

Advertisement