Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smd soldering

• 21-04-2012 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

my car's remote doesn't work anymore, an upon opening it I noticed a small piece loose inside, do you guys know someone that is not afraid of fixing it?
    I'd also need 2 more smd contact switches (for the buttons) to be soldered in but I need to orded them first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ourhobbies

You can ring Bright Solutions in Limerick/Raheen Business Park;
    I know they build boards and solder everything onto them, but
    doubt if they do any rework. Try ringing them - they may point
    you to the right person/company.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ourhobbies

Oh - in terms of ordering parts - you can get them for ie.farnell.com.
    They will ship everything to your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Bright would do rework alright I'd say, dunno what they'd charge.

But if it's just tidying up joints on some resistors or replacing switches where you can get at the points to solder at the sides, then it shouldn't be that hard. You may get a volunteer here, or maybe there is a phone unlocky type shop that would do a job for ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

didn't think of that, I'll have a look. or maybe there are any boardsies here that are in this business, no?

tried several "mobile repair" shops and they dont do any soldering. how weird is that? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

That is weird, I thought at least some of them would replace/repair screens etc and therefore do some kinda soldering.
    Fonemenders on catherine street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

PM somebody in the console modding section here. They would have experience at soldering small connections on console PCB boards.

that's a thought, thanks!

Advertisement