Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy German newspapers/magazines in Limerick?

• 21-04-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I'm trying to learn and improve my poor German and wondering if there is any place in Limerick where I can buy newspapers or magazines? Learning stuff from book makes me ocassionally sick... and need to read something that is more interesting ... Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Hi,

I'm trying to learn and improve my poor German and wondering if there is any place in Limerick where I can buy newspapers or magazines? Learning stuff from book makes me ocassionally sick... and need to read something that is more interesting ... Thanks.

Have you tried Easons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

If not, go online and find an interview or article in German for a subject you are interested in. Usually, internet articles are smaller and easier to digest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Eason's would sell German papers I reckon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

My step father(rip) was Italian and he used to buy Italian papers in easons, so I would imagine they would have German papers in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

You get a ton of papers online with www.pressdisplay.com less than €30 a month, includes Irish Independant and Irish Times. They do a trial 7 day membership.

Snapshot from Press Display site with list of German newspapers on the left and front pages on the right of some of the papers.

6edd3c.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Try paperboy.com - Should get you enough free content to practice on eg. a quick look gives http://www.merkur-online.de/ from Munich.

- I'm not sure if subsequent charges apply after the jumps or if its per newspaper etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

That's a great website, Mylow.

I've definitely seen German papers in Eason's. If they don't have any in stock I'm sure they'd be happy to order some for you. Der Spiegel's great - mind you I only read the English version of it whenever they occasionally release an international edition.

Advertisement