Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Super Mario Bros. 2 [3DS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I don't see the point in a review embargo considering it's out in Japan already and Gamecentral Metro have a review out already.

i dont see the point in embargoes for the most part tbh

pain in the nuts is all they are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Well Rayman Origins is pretty much just as easy as NSMB, but it's a very good game.

Easy =/= Bad

Excuse me? Have you ever played the Land of the Livid Dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Helix wrote: »
    i dont see the point in embargoes for the most part tbh

pain in the nuts is all they are

Stops you saying a game is crap before it hits the shelves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Excuse me? Have you ever played the Land of the Livid Dead?

Haven't played much of Origins, but I wouldn't have classed that game as ludicrously easy on the basis of what I saw, which is what the reviews seem to be saying about this.

Kinski wrote: »
    Stops you saying a game is crap before it hits the shelves?

that used to be the case, but that's not how they're used any more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Kinski wrote: »
    Haven't played much of Origins, but I wouldn't have classed that game as ludicrously easy on the basis of what I saw, which is what the reviews seem to be saying about this.

Origins is the antithesis of easy. There are cooldown sections in certain levels after the first couple of easier lands, which are, of course, straight-forward, par for the course, but the game is a masterclass in making a sometimes ball-bustingly difficult game without compromising on the fairness and balance. Sure, there's the instant restart from the last checkpoints and no lives, but that's only to alleviate the frustration that was playing the original Rayman, a game Origins borrows from a little, without carrying over any of its more broken qualities.

I like certain aspects of the NSMB games, and I've even softened my stance on the Wii one a bit, the later levels providing some legit challenges, but the series as a whole has only ever struck me as gateway games for the younger crowd and the odd bit of dip-in playing from the older. To this point, I think NSMB and Origins have little in common, thus far. Beyond genre, of course.

Ran a 3ds battery dead in this today. Can't be particularly detailed but so far so good for the most part. the coin angle is fun, but is it potentially too much of the same? We shall see in due course

Nintendo is one of the few companies where more of the sane is usually a good sign though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Helix wrote: »
    Ran a 3ds battery dead in this today. Can't be particularly detailed but so far so good for the most part. the coin angle is fun, but is it potentially too much of the same? We shall see in due course

Nintendo is one of the few companies where more of the sane is usually a good sign though

I would be more surprised if you would say, that mario grew a pair and got himself M9 and now putting caps in Bowsers arse...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

New Super Mаrio Bros. 2 is out this friday i cant wait, on Friday €40.99 in smyths toy store

at least flying power is back with raccoon power and tanooki power, in the last super mario game the raccoon power had no flying power and also did tanooki power, i miss the flying power, i wanted flying power for those 2 powers ups like you had in super mario bros 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just got my dispatch e-mail from Amazon. At this stage it is going to be Monday before it turns up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Just got my dispatch e-mail from Amazon. At this stage it is going to be Monday before it turns up.

Ya should have ordered off Gamesnash, I'll have it in the morning.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Ya should have ordered off Gamesnash, I'll have it in the morning.:D

I went for the cheaper option but enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€37.99 for this in Argos tomorrow, very limited stock though, happy hunting.

€37.99 for this in Argos tomorrow, very limited stock though, happy hunting.

It's available on the 3ds eshop now. It can be yours for the bargain price of 45 euros. **** off Nintendo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Really? €45? Not too bad. The way people were going all doom and gloom I was expecting €55+.
    €45 is the Smyths and Gamestop price and they said they weren't going to undercut their retailers. I guess the digital distribution would just be there as an option for anyone who wants a digital copy.

Game purchased using the PCWorld offer to get 3D Land then trading into Smyths. Got it at lunch. Stupid work and their no 3DS at work policy. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I went for symths :rolleyes:

Yeah €25 in total is pretty good. Especially since Mario games tend to keep their value.

ive new super mario bros 2 now and i love it over 3,000 coin so far

• Advertisement

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ive new super mario bros 2 now and i love it over 3,000 coin so far

Only 997,000 to go:p

I got just over 5000 coins now :D great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

World 1 finished, 34 lives. Jesus Christ.....

I'm on the second level of the second world. 77 lives :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I think I am playing it to much on level 3 and have 85 lives and 15,346 coins. Its so addictive I cant put it down :pac:

Getting the 3 big coins in each level is hard enough.

i got mine for 34 euro on amazon gamestop 44.99 no thanks

why are game 10 euro cheaper on amazon anywho

I went for the cheaper option but enjoy it.

yup amazon is the cheapest :D mine here monday also

yup amazon is the cheapest :D mine here monday also

I should have ordered mine off Amazon, I bought it off Gamesnash & it didn't arrive today:mad:

Just played World 1. About 1500 coins.

They make you work for the 3 star coins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭Nollog

Coin Rush is kind of hard. :(
    I kept dying randomly and had to restart for like 3 or 4 hours.

Advertisement