Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Super Mario Bros. 2 [3DS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Gamesnash is price is €45.99 more expensive then any gaming or toystore in ireland €44.99 is the most u pay in any store

you are right argos is the best value http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=super%20mario%20bros%202 its

€37.99

that cheaper the amazon which is £29.97 = €38.17

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    you are right argos is the best value http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=super%20mario%20bros%202 its

€37.99

that cheaper the amazon which is £29.97 = €38.17

but us that price online only , amazon is awesome brought right to my door

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Getting the Star Coins is often quite tough, which is nice! This game hasn't inspired me hugely so far, it's not as clever (or as fun) as 3D Land.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Mentioned on the previous page: the best place to buy it is Smyths. You could get it for €29.99 by buying MK7 or SM3DLand in Currys/PC World for €20 and trading it in at Smyths to get NSMB2 for €9.99. Or you could even get it for the equivalent of €24.99 if you buy 2 games there for €30 (one is one of the above, the other one is one you want to keep), and trade in one at Smyths. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I actually thought of that myself, but symths in airside had nothing in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mr. K wrote: »
    Getting the Star Coins is often quite tough, which is nice! This game hasn't inspired me hugely so far, it's not as clever (or as fun) as 3D Land.

Am I the only one who keeps trying to run, press down and jump to try and get a long jump to the flag in NSMB2 after 3D Land taught the trick to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Got mine on the e-shop, not too bad a price and I would have to wait ages for shipping.

Co-op is a bit annoying in that only the person who plays Mario gets to save their progress through the worlds, coin progress is saved though. So we gave up on that pretty quickly as it was only saving onto system.

Coin rush is hard, I got frustrated and quit pretty fast! Love the gameplay though. get ALL the coins, and then a round of applause :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Figured why the aim of this game is to collect as many coins as you can, it is all the free lives you get, you damn well need them. Fun game so far, I don't like how if you wipe your save the collected coins total still remains. It should reset to zero. Seems to be a deterrent for second hand versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Million Coin Spoiler - Its a waste of time (shocker).
    If what I've read is correct, you get
    a changed title screen

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    a changed title screen
    New world unlock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

a changed title screen

Well my guess was that you would get an extra star on your save file. Not a million miles off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Got my first challenge through street pass anyway! He beat me on the first coin rush course, obviously cause he used the invincible raccoon tail and I didn't:mad:

New world unlock too.

Nope.

Nope.

Dream Killer:p

If anyone wants to see the alternative title screen, you can look here.

My copy of NSMB2 turned up about an hour ago. Managed to play the first level.

Initial impression - its more New Super Mario Bros. Not a bad thing.

I finished World 1 a little while ago and I'm really enjoying it so far. The coin collecting is just a gimmick but it is a fun gimmick. I've found myself redoing some levels just to improve the number of coins I've collected. I think the reversible cover is pretty cool, as is the golden box.

I think this is also the best looking 2D Mario ever. It looks better than NSMBWii and significantly better than the first NSMB on the DS. I like the 3D effect that adds a nice depth of field. Nothing too fancy but it works. I wonder how good NSMBU will look.

It is a pity they didn't take the chance to really improve on the NSMB formula though. I'd have gone with:

- A better over world map, like the Super Mario World (SMW) map. I like that you can look around the map and see where you will be going.
    - I think they should highlight levels with secret exits like they do in SMW.
    - They should have kept in Yoshi after his re-appearance in NSMBW.
    - The omission of online co-op is a major misstep. I know it might not be as fun to play with random people but it would give you the chance to play with friends.
    - They should have brought back the cape from SMW rather than the 'P' meter. I think the cape takes more skill to master and is just more fun.

Basically they should have just made New Super Mario World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

but us that price online only , amazon is awesome brought right to my door

but always take a 1 weeks - 2 weeks of delivery i cant wait long plus always pp price anyone live outside uk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

but always take a 1 weeks - 2 weeks of delivery i cant wait long plus always pp price anyone live outside uk

amazon rarely takes more than a couple of days

There are no P&P costs if you spend over €25.

There are no P&P costs if you spend over €25.

explain to that my mother she was charge €2 for pp from amazon a year ago,

for a notebook msi wind original €149.99 + €2 = €151.99 that is full price she had to pay msi wind then week later it was delivered to her door.

then couple weeks later her credit card bill came back and bank charges her €2.50 for use of her credit card online

explain to that my mother she was charge €2 for pp from amazon a year ago,

for a notebook msi wind original €149.99 + €2 = €151.99 that is full price she had to pay msi wind then week later it was delivered to her door.

then couple weeks later her credit card bill came back and bank charges her €2.50 for use of her credit card online

I suggest you get Amazon to explain it to her, not me.

Also make sure that what you order is sold and delivered by Amazon, not a third party who most likely won't offer free-shipping.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think this is also the best looking 2D Mario ever. It looks better than NSMBWii and significantly better than the first NSMB on the DS. I like the 3D effect that adds a nice depth of field. Nothing too fancy but it works. I wonder how good NSMBU will look.

I think the NSMB games look awfully cheap. Compared to the gorgeous stylised look of SMW and Yoshi's Island they look more like fanmade games. I'm also not a fan of the floaty Mario 3D game physics and moves in the 2D games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Got the game yesterday & I don't really like how similar it is to the ds version, even the world map is the exact same. Is it just me or is the 3d effect with this game not very good. Overall I'm just a bit disappointed by how little has changed from a game released 6 years ago, maybe a Mario Galaxy game on the 3ds will be better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has responded to criticism that Nintendo are milking the whole Mario thing just a teensy bit by stating that they plan to continue limiting themselves to one NSMB title per platform:
    "We only create a New Super Mario Bros. title one per platform," Iwata said, while acknowledging that is unusual and a "challenge" for the company to be making two for the same calendar year, one for 3DS and one for Wii U. "I think we'll probably go ahead and continue at that pace. That being said, that's probably [Mario creator Shigeru] Miyamoto's choice, so I can't give you a 100% guarantee that that's the pace we'll continue at."

Right, so the DS and Wii have had seven and six year lifespans respectively. For the sake of argument, I'll assume that Nintendo's next home and handheld platforms after the 3DS and WiiU will arrive in 2018. That means that, "continuing at this pace," once NSMB U is released either this year or early next, there won't be another NSMB game for at least five years.

With NSMB 2 apparently providing yet another big hit in this massively popular franchise, and given that Nintendo ran a special Mario development "cram school" so staff from across the company could work on this title while the core Mario team concentrated on the Wii U iteration, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that there is approximately a snowball's chance in Lethal Lava Land of the Wii U launch window title being the last one for five years. Seriously, Iwata-san, why are you even saying it?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think the NSMB games look awfully cheap. Compared to the gorgeous stylised look of SMW and Yoshi's Island they look more like fanmade games. I'm also not a fan of the floaty Mario 3D game physics and moves in the 2D games.

Okay, I agree that the art style of SMW and Yoshi's Island is superior to the NSMB games. I was more talking about the detail in the character models, the Koopa troopers have never looked better. There are nice details in the Castle levels with embers floating around the screen. And the big Boos look especially good in 3D.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Gamesnash is price is €45.99 more expensive then any gaming or toystore in ireland €44.99 is the most u pay in any store

Hi wampyrus77

We take your point and truth be known we'd be better off buying them in Argos ourselves as they are costing more than that for us to buy off Nintendos distributors here - the only thing I would say in our defence is that the price we charge includes delivery which if taken out of the equation would make us that bit cheaper. For example Gamestop are €44.97 plus a minimum €2.00 delivery charge. The RRP for the game is €49.99.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    I should have ordered mine off Amazon, I bought it off Gamesnash & it didn't arrive today:mad:

That's very disapointing to hear Liam. (Hopefully it didn't make that much of a difference to you as I think you said you were going away for the weekend anyway?) The vast majority of customers received there pre orders on release day last week. You can of course at any time choose express post to 100% guarantee the delivery. Although it couldn't be helped with the late arrival into us of Mario Bros 2 we will make sure your next pre order is prioritised for early dispatch to hopefully allow for the postal delay to your area.

Sorry for any disapointment caused.

Advertisement