Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Super Mario Bros. 2 [3DS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Hi wampyrus77

We take your point and truth be known we'd be better off buying them in Argos ourselves as they are costing more than that for us to buy off Nintendos distributors here - the only thing I would say in our defence is that the price we charge includes delivery which if taken out of the equation would make us that bit cheaper. For example Gamestop are €44.97 plus a minimum €2.00 delivery charge. The RRP for the game is €49.99.

i never buy games from delivery or online, i always get them by going into games stores, electronic stores or toy stores and buy them directly from the store

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So far I'm finding the secrets to be pretty well hidden which is nice. I've only found one secret exit and I'm on World 3.

How are your coin totals coming along? Anyone think they will ever get to the 1 million coin mark? I'm on about 14,000 and just starting W4.

I am actually underwhelmed by the amount of coins in the game now. I was expecting levels were you could barely walk left or right without walking through a rake of coins. That seems to be how it was marketed. Don't get me wrong there are LOTS of coins but not enough to make getting to 1 million a massive undertaking.

I noticed today that the best way to get coins out of the coin hat is to find slope and slide down it. The coins come out faster than any other action I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A good run on coin rush will get you 15-20k.

Mr E wrote: »

Oh right. I haven't tried that mode yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ive all the star and moon coins collected now, and all the hidden exits found, as well as completing the star world. dont think i'm arsed going for the million coins

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

Yipee, another brick crushing, magic mushroom eating dwarf/ giant man to play. haha

How are you getting such a high total of coins? The most I seem to be able to get is 2000 coins. Am I missing some tricks? Probably not just very good at it I guess.

I posted this over on the Nintendo forum, but here is a copy & paste:

I think the main key to getting good scores is hitting the top of the flag pole. It doubles whatever coin total you have. So if you finish level 1 with 500, it becomes 1000. Finish level 2 with 2000, it becomes 4000. Finish level 3 with 5000, it becomes 10000.

I haven't managed those scores yet - the most I can get is about 7k I think. The racoon tail really helps.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Your avatar literally makes my eyes hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Kinski wrote: »
    Your avatar literally makes my eyes hurt.

Your misuse of that word figuratively makes my eyes hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Grimebox wrote: »
    Your misuse of that word figuratively makes my eyes hurt

I didn't mean figuratively; I meant literally.

Anyhow, the precedent for using literally in an ironically non-literal way as an intensifier is long-established. See the relevant entry in Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage. The worst thing about Grammar Nazis is that their pedantic complaints are seldom supported by the actual evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I stand educated. That is so confusing. That is almost the opposite of the actual meaning of the word.

I'm currently playing the final fortress level and have gotten to the last boss
    Bowser as if you didn't know :)
    and am really impressed with the 3D effect in this stage. For most of the game I've just thought that it was a nice little effect but not enough for me to keep the 3D turned on. But in this section it looks really great.

thx to street pass in super mario bros 2 ive 36,915 golden coins with coin rush

I just beat the game a few minutes ago. It really is a very short game. I was just flying through some of the levels but I have to go back now and try to find the secrets and all the coins. I think during my play through I only found one secret exit and only one mega mushroom. I haven't even unlocked two of the worlds I can see on the map.

I did get a pretty good total in Coin Rush mode earlier though. 9000+ coins. I was happy with that.
    wampyrus77 wrote: »
    thx to street pass in super mario bros 2 ive 36,915 golden coins with coin rush

Do the coins that the other person collected transfer to you when you StreetPass?

I just collected all the
    Moon Coins
    . Pretty disappointed in the challenge that presented. I was expecting some extra tough levels like the Special levels in SMW. Overall the game has been way too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I found it very disappointing. I got an XL and I picked up this and Mario Land 3D. Breezed through NSMB2 and I didn't really enjoy it, and I have no interest in going back and getting the extra worlds, coins or going for 1,000,000. Mario Land 3D is much more enjoyable.

chrislad wrote: »
    I found it very disappointing. I got an XL and I picked up this and Mario Land 3D. Breezed through NSMB2 and I didn't really enjoy it, and I have no interest in going back and getting the extra worlds, coins or going for 1,000,000. Mario Land 3D is much more enjoyable.

Well I agree with not going back to collection the 1M coins. But by not unlocking the extra worlds you are missing out on plenty of content. Some of the levels in those worlds are really good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Well I agree with not going back to collection the 1M coins. But by not unlocking the extra worlds you are missing out on plenty of content. Some of the levels in those worlds are really good too.

Normally, I would agree but I found nearly all 6 worlds that I played monotonous and boring. I honestly can't see myself enjoying them if I got so little enjoyment from the vast majority of the game.

• Advertisement

The best part of the game is figuring out the secrets. Scouring a level a coin that you can't find, or getting to a coin that you can see but is out of reach, or seeing a level on the map and not knowing how to reach it -- that's where the REAL challenge is.

Leaving running from left to right and hitting the flagpole to the kids, and play the game properly. :o

I just beat the game a few minutes ago. It really is a very short game. I was just flying through some of the levels but I have to go back now and try to find the secrets and all the coins. I think during my play through I only found one secret exit and only one mega mushroom. I haven't even unlocked two of the worlds I can see on the map.

I did get a pretty good total in Coin Rush mode earlier though. 9000+ coins. I was happy with that.

Do the coins that the other person collected transfer to you when you StreetPass?

yes if u beat his / her amount

I think I played my last of NSMB2 today. I collected the last Star coin. It was a tricky one on World 6 but I got it eventually. I think it might just have been the only tricky one in the whole game.

I also have
    all the Moon coins
    and have found all the secrets. I guess I'm done with the game now. No way I will try to get to 1 million coins. I think I'm only on about 80,000 now.

The coin rush mode never really grabbed me so I can't see myself purchasing any DLC for it.

The first DLC has been detailed.
    The three packs include "Go! Go! As Gold Mario Pack," featuring three Gold Mario-themed courses offering up to 30,000 coins; "Challenge the Record A Pack," which posts the top scores on the game's website; and "Survival Panic Pack," an extra hard set of levels. These are all for the Coin Rush mode.

The three packs will be out October 2 in Japan, for 200 yen each.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/27/new-super-mario-bros-2-coin-rush-dlc-detailed/

Screenshots: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/abej/dlc/index.html

Not pushed about this at all. I'd love a tough new world, or a hard mode for the main game. I don't care about coin rush, and it won't be something I'll spend money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭Nollog

The first DLC has been detailed.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/27/new-super-mario-bros-2-coin-rush-dlc-detailed/

Screenshots: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/abej/dlc/index.html

Not pushed about this at all. I'd love a tough new world, or a hard mode for the main game. I don't care about coin rush, and it won't be something I'll spend money on.

They're only 2 euro though.
    I'd prefer a whole new 8 worlds. :(

There is a video up showing what is in the DLC.

I have the say the Nerve-Wrack Pack certainly looks tough. I know that is one of the main complaints of NSMB2 that it was too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I don't have the patience for country rush at all, have only done one pretty poor run through and gave up. So won't be buying any packages.

Almost fully finished the game though. Just 2 very frustrating star coins left to get!

ive over 100,000 gold coins and purchase the new levels from eshop

2 more bundles incoming....

http://kotaku.com/5954785/new-super-mario-bros-2-dlc-announced

Gold Mushroom Harvesting Pack (Difficulty 2 out of 5)
    Record Challenge B Pack (Difficulty 3 out of 5)

• Advertisement

thx to street pass in super mario bros 2 ive 322,095 golden coins with coin rush and gold mushroom package games and unlock the golden fireflower for coin rush

Advertisement