Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just picked up this cool Rigby, Dublin marked revolver

Options
  • 21-04-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

FHL15-G-F1-H.jpg

heres the description from auction

The left frame side is stamped "W. TRANTER/PATENT" and the top barrel flat is marked "JNO. RIGBY & CO. SUFFOLK ST. DUBLIN". British proofs are present on the barrel and between each cylinder chamber at the rear. A floral blossom is engraved around the hammer screw and the two frame screws feature engraved floral blossom heads. The rear of the cylinder is stamped with the number "43". Fitted with a checkered one piece grip.

I have a bunch of 450 Adams from Fiocchi that I think will fit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Very nice. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Well done.
    I see the occasional revolver on British auctions but what is the law over here. ? Can you buy guns with an obsolete calibre ?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

recipio wrote: »
    Well done.
    I see the occasional revolver on British auctions but what is the law over here. ? Can you buy guns with an obsolete calibre ?

I'm in the USA so I'm unsure of the British laws.
    I was told that if the caliber is no longer commercially loaded it is considered obsolete.
    There is probably a more stringent definition than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Uk firearms law regarding old and obsolete calibres

http://www.classicguncompany.co.uk/legal.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Nice find Harmoniums. Hope you have a gun room at this point. The safes must be full and getting redundant. What would you ever do if you moved back to the auld country?:confused:

Is there a reason for that little piece on the back of the trigger? Just aesthetic?
    harmoniums wrote: »
    I was told that if the caliber is no longer commercially loaded it is considered obsolete.

In Kalifornia? Not sure. Some of the more anti states just don't do curio & relic, no matter what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

At first I thought that was a Japanese Imperial Mum on the side :)

Advertisement