Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear card VS Classic card

Options
  • 21-04-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

I want to apply for one of your cards soon and I'm trying to decide between the clear card or the classic.

I can't see much difference between the two other than the low rate of the clear.

Would there be any benefit to getting the classic over the clear?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Rob2D,

The main difference is the interest rate, but there are some other notable differences.

-If you are a new credit card customer you can avail of either a rate of 0% on purchases or a 3.9% balance transfer for 6 months on the classic card. There is no introductory offer on the clear card as it has the lower interest rate.
    -You can apply for the classic card online, over the phone or in any Bank of Ireland branch. You can only apply for the clear card online.
    -The classic card has an extra feature of a payment plan. It allows you to make up to two transactions over €500 but under 80% of the card limit and pay it off over 12 months at an interest rate of 6.9%. The clear card doesn't have this feature.
    -There are also some differences in the fees:
    ~ unpaid/returned direct debit
    The clear card is €9.50 while the classic card is €5
    ~ overlimit fee
    The clear card is €6.25 while the classic card is €7.50

These are the differences between the two cards but it is up to you what the best option would be and how you plan on using your Bank of Ireland credit card.

Best of luck with the application.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Cheers Linda.

I decided on the classic in the end, and the form is filled out and sent off. Hopefully I'll get it.

Thanks again.

Advertisement