Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal Home Show-Bit of a let down.

Options
  • 21-04-2012 6:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Not much stuff for the avid gardener,apart from BnQ selling their plants outside in their display area in front of Simmonscourt.

Im quite surprised and dissmayed that there wasnt a single company there selling or promoting rainwater harvesting products.:(

Thank god that we got in for free and didnt have to pay the 14 euro entrance fee.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Wasn't much there on the energy side either, again that stand was outside. Very disappointed. Could not find any sun room or conservatory companies either. Glad I didn't pay the 14€ sobs in or the 6€ car parking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Fiskar wrote: »
    Wasn't much there on the energy side either, again that stand was outside. Very disappointed. Could not find any sun room or conservatory companies either. Glad I didn't pay the 14€ sobs in or the 6€ car parking.

We drove to the park and ride carpark in Clontarf and then got the Dart to Sandymount.All 3 of us got in for free with the free passes.

I had a nice chat with the Richard from LVP,(company that instaled my solar system) and we had a bit of a laugh and joke.

He too was quite surprised that no comapnies at the Ideal Home Show were promoting rainwater harvesting systems.

Thats a big oppertunity missed by the various water harvesting companies so.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

no auto accessories,no household security(apart from phonewatch) as in modern locks for pvc doors(have they not broken yours?) locks for double glazed units(old type external glaze) , the place is full of external insulate your house companies, the show house is a complete letdown,but lets not complain,it was a nice walk around for 1 to 2 hours.

horse7 wrote: »
    no auto accessories,no household security(apart from phonewatch) as in modern locks for pvc doors(have they not broken yours?) locks for double glazed units(old type external glaze) , the place is full of external insulate your house companies, the show house is a complete letdown,but lets not complain,it was a nice walk around for 1 to 2 hours.

The showhouse didnt do it for me,nothing jumped out at me and said wow.

Yer woman had 1 hour (live on Morning Ireland on TV3) on Friday morning to kit out the bedroom from scratch.Again it was ok,but I think she got it wrong with too many different styles crammed into 1 bedroom.

And 24,000 euro for that kitchen.....no way.

Not even worth it with 50% off and 12,000 euro.:pac::pac:

The amount of people selling all sorts on cleaning gadgets was unreal.

I got my face painted though (bet with daughter) and made a few people laugh at me for it.Got a few smiles too.

So it was fun in one way.:D

This weekend was a big oppertunity missed by the various rainwater harvesting companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Meelich

Bring back the Spring Show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hugebogtotter

Dropped by Friday night for a look myself and was also quite disappointed. Lots of food related stuff which really should be part of a different show. Plenty of the best mops of all time as usual:D
    Was delighted to see the guy from Mayo with the Dog Wash Kennel. He got a hard time from the Dragons last year but is still going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Were there any stands on rainwater harvesting ?

oleras wrote: »
    Were there any stands on rainwater harvesting ?

Nope,nothing,zero,silch.

Big oppertunity missed with regards this.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

By the sounds of it its no skin off my nose that my ticket never came in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 chattycatty

Fiskar wrote: »

The window companies Grady Joinery may be able to help with that and they were there, I got my sun room done by them.They are from the west and have a showroom in Maynooth

• Advertisement
Advertisement