Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I need cattle or sheep for SFP?

• 21-04-2012 6:45pm
    Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Sorry not really a farmer. My elderly father sold all his cattle last year. He thinks he will still get the SFP. Please let me know, and, if not how many stock(cattle or sheep) will he need? 15.6 hectares was last years payment at 150 per hectare. Would 3 yearlings and 10 ewes suffice?

Tks a lot

eamon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

No animals needed for SFP but land must be kept in good condition.
    If you are in a Disadvantaged Area then you will need stock to qualify for the DA payment

• Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭eamon11

thanks a lot 5live,

you may have cleared up a big issue for me. But, are you sure? So many people have said to me that we need some stock. As far as I know we get only the SFP. This is 154 per unit at 16 units.

tks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

No problem. I am sure of it but maybe someone else will chip in and ease both our minds?

good man 5live,

but whats all this talk then about stocking levels increased etc? That anyone with not enough stock will lose the SFP ? I dont fully understand.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

eamon11 wrote: »
    good man 5live,

but whats all this talk then about stocking levels increased etc? That anyone with not enough stock will lose the SFP ? I dont fully understand.

I think that is disadvantaged land you are talking about. Not sure where you are, but if you are farming west of the shannon or mountain land then it probably applies to you. You will need either 0.15 LU/ha or 0.3 LU, I'm not sure if the 0.3 rate came in or not yet as it was a new proposal late last year. Brought in to make it harder for non-farmer types to claim it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

im in galway just inside the roscommon border. How do I know if its SFP or DA payment? Its a yellow a4 size page to sign. It says "standard" in the box for "type of entitlement"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

eamon11 wrote: »
    im in galway just inside the roscommon border. How do I know if its SFP or DA payment? Its a yellow a4 size page to sign. It says "standard" in the box for "type of entitlement"

Eamon
    What you seam to have is SFP it should tell you the,
    Type of entitlement.
    Entitlement Group identifier.
    Number of Entitlements.
    Net unit value of each Entitlement.
    And so forth, their are two pages an envelope and a booklet which on the front should have in brackets ( SPS ) Helpsheet.
    Attie

thhanks a lot Attie, and all who responded

all clear now

Advertisement