Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22lr ammo question

Options
  • 21-04-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

I know each bullet has different accuracy and even each batch could be different to each other but my question is this. Do you have any favourite brand you prefer to shoot with?

I had a go through 100 odd federal's about a week ago, wind was crazy and had my shots all over the place (plus i'm just starting out so that wouldnt help)

Am thinking of going with the winchester super x subs... any opinions would be appreciated.

cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Split into it's own thread.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I know each bullet has different accuracy and even each batch could be different to each other but my question is this. Do you have any favourite brand you prefer to shoot with?

I had a go through 100 odd federal's about a week ago, wind was crazy and had my shots all over the place (plus i'm just starting out so that wouldnt help)

Am thinking of going with the winchester super x subs... any opinions would be appreciated.

cheers!

In general when I shoot the 22LR, it is more for plinking and fun. When used as such, I go with the Remington Green box or Winchester 525 box.

If I am going to get a bit more serious and need a bit more performance, I like CCI.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

These days I mostly shoot Eley Match or Eley Tenex.

The best thing to do is to try out a bunch of different types. What works well in my rifle might pattern like a shotgun in yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

http://johno.myiglou.com/ammotest.htm

Here is a .22 ammo test that may be of some interest. The test conditions, from the back of his ATV were not ideal in my view, but the results were interesting. Different rifles like different ammo. The CCI Mini-Mag 36gr 1260 fps performs exceptionally well in my Rem 597 and seems to be made for semi autos. For the bolt guns, the higher end match ammo mentioned should do very well.

Advertisement