Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf in Kerry?!

Options
  • 21-04-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey

There are a couple of us (beginners!) who are visiting Kerry in May/June and would love to get in a round of golf. Is there any clubs down there that are not strict re having a handicap?

Tks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

brehayes wrote: »
    Hey

There are a couple of us (beginners!) who are visiting Kerry in May/June and would love to get in a round of golf. Is there any clubs down there that are not strict re having a handicap?

Tks a mill

Hi there,

Here is a linkie listing 9 and 18-hole golf clubs throughout Kerry. If you were able to narrow down a date; and an area of Kerry you could contact the relevant club and book yourselves in.

I would say during that period, it would be busy so book early and inform them re: being beginners.
    I've sent people to Killarney Golf & Fishing Club x3courses; Ross Golf Club; Ballybunnion & Waterville and great feedback from all.

Narrow down your own details above and I'm sure the relevant club in the area of choice would be able to answer further queries re: date/time availablilty etc. Some even provide clubs should some of you not want to bring your own.

Hope that's of some assistance brehayes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I'm also a beginner and I have played in Ross and Castlerosse 9 hole courses in Killarney. No problems there about handicap etc. Just pay and play

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

dmeehan wrote: »
    I'm also a beginner and I have played in Ross and Castlerosse 9 hole courses in Killarney. No problems there about handicap etc. Just pay and play
    +1 to this,
    These are fine 9 hole courses and suitable for beginners, plus if things aren't going too well (very likely for beginners) the torture will only last 2 hours as opposed to 4+ hours on an 18 holer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Try ardfert golf club it would be lower down the scale of golf clubs in kerry but it ok.

I would send you to the castlegregory golf club which is also a 9-hole but it is meant to be quiet hard. It is a lovely location though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

It's been a week since the op posted something in here, maybe they're lost somewhere in the interweb between Kerry and Cork City :eek: :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement