Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

port forwarding / isp's router locked down

Options
  • 21-04-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have been provided with a netgear router from my isp, but it is locked down, so I cannot open the web interface.

I have a linksys router with dd-wrt on it, and am wondering if I can use this to allow me to rdp/ssh into my home network.

I have followed this, and can access the internet through the linksys router, and have setup a port forward on it, but cannot seem to connect from the outside.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try turning off the firewall or set to low.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

KoolKid wrote: »
    Try turning off the firewall or set to low.

thanks for the reply.

I actually emailed my isp, and they were kind enough to give me the password to the router, so I can setup my own port forwards. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No worries, glad you got sorted.

Advertisement