Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is to blame for our current pony form?

Options
  • 21-04-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

well lads who do you blame and why.

feel free to add your own and debate away.

who do you blame for our poor recent form? 46 votes

harry and the management team
    0% 0 votes
    the players
    73% 34 votes
    the english fa
    21% 10 votes
    other
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I voted for harry and the team but in reality its Harry and the chairman. This should never have happened and there should have been a clear plan in place for such a predictable event. Fudge ,fudge,fudge all the way and nobody knows whats happening. Only one outcome and this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Harry Redknapp, Ever since the England job became available the teams performances have been really poor, which is ironic as it's always Redknapp in the news talking about his players heads getting turned by another club

Not a Spurs fan BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ol droopy bigtime. He's an overrated manager thats won fcuk all in the game and got 2 clubs relegated from the premier league.

Good riddance imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

darokane wrote: »
    Harry Redknapp, Ever since the England job became available the teams performances have been really poor, which is ironic as it's always Redknapp in the news talking about his players heads getting turned by another club

Not a Spurs fan BTW

brilliant point!!

i was never harrys biggest fan. never liked the man but i could not disagree with the achievements he did in his spell(last few months not included) he done brilliant for us but im really starting to dislike the man on a managerial level. its been stated here time and time again that he is an inept manager and the only substitution is to take van der vaart off for defoe. again today he offered nothing to our tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I voted Harry & co but as I posted in the QPR match thread, the players don't care enough either, otherwise they would actually put in the occasional performance. It's bloody sickening and they should all be ashamed of themselves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Where's the 'All of the above' option?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Fcuk off harry, the buck stops with you. Not good enough. No excuses, you have failed us over the last number of weeks, the most important phase in your Spurs time. Too much media talk about things you simply shouldn't be commenting on...disgraceful, fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

the whole feckin lot of them in my opinion,redknapp for fobbing the fans off and not coming out and telling us that he is taking over the england job,the players for mostly not giving a fcuk since xmas,the f.a. who have lived up to their name and done completly f.a. since capello left leaving everyone(harry,the squad and both england and spurs fans)in limbo.even levy has the take some of the blame for not releasing the purse strings and investing in the squad when we could have got any player we wanted within reason.VDV and parker are the only notable permanent signings we have made in the last 2 seasons costing a mere 13 million.we've also made so truley baffling signings,saha,nelsen,peinaar and falque to name a few.all of them 2nd rate,not good enough and i feel bought just because they were available.
    lets not forget about the real reason why redknapp was called in in the 1st place,2 points from 8 games and all that sh1te,we were heading for a relegation scrap and he was called in to steady the ship and get us out of trouble,he did it and fair play to him but he's just not a winner.i honestly belive that he thinks tactics are little sweets that give you fresh breath.no manager worth his salt would have given a 10 point advantage away to not 1 but 2 teams no matter what was going on behind the scenes or what new job was being dangled under his nose.
    its a mess from top to bottom and until redknapp go's and we get a new manager in with new ideas and is well supported in the transfer market it could continue for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Pity he didn't end up in prison for the run in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Imagine if Capello had of reseigned 4 weeks earlier...
    We'd be in a relagation dogfight by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

It's far too easy to blame Redknapp because the results have been poor and he's been flirting with the media since early February. I still credit the man with giving me some of my best days supporting Spurs, even if his tactics have left me bewildered at times.

That said, nobody could have foreseen that we would be lying in 5th now having been 10pts clear of 4th in February. Daniel Levy and Redknapp are most guilty of this....

Levy knew HR wanted the England job, why not silence him until May? If the club couldn't silence him, why not sack him? Because greedy Levy wanted the compensation! Fcuk me, they even let Garth Crooks into the training ground to interview him about the job!

Since Febraury 8th our form has plummeted and the England speculation has to have been the catalyst.. You can't blame the FA, they didn't publicly endorse Redknapp. The media did and the club allowed the journalists in to do the damage. An unmitigated disaster!

What a dissapponting end to a potential title winning season.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

I think the players are running on empty Parker,Assou Ekotto and more, form has suffered from to much game time.If Defoe had have knocked in that chance against Man city a victory against a top four side, would have been good confidence boost.
    I believe management is at fault for the current slump.The England job speculation has definitely not helped our cause

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

The players are grown men on 60k per week average, I can manage just fine in my own job when the boss ain't around or if he don't care so I don't buy blame Arry at all costs. Arry to England didn't suddenly make Modric unable to pass a ball or unable to care and if it did the problem is with the player/employee. We are losing to teams we embarrassed only a matter of months ago, we haven't scored away from home since Ade's penalty at the Emeroids nor won since December. Its a shocking indictment on the characters of men who really did believe all the hype that was written about them.

Thats not to say Arry shouldn't be moved on, he should and soon. Its best for all at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

For me our form started to stutter when Bale was given licence to come inside as he sees fit. This is clogging up all the spaces where Modric & VdV do their best work. It also gives BAE too much to do hence he looks ready to keel over at this stage. Bale needs to be given a right bollicking and told to hog the touchline, where he does all his best work. Just want rid of Harry now, sick to the back teeth of his face in the media. Thanks for the memories, now jog on.

golfball37 wrote: »
    The players are grown men on 60k per week average, I can manage just fine in my own job when the boss ain't around or if he don't care so I don't buy blame Arry at all costs. Arry to England didn't suddenly make Modric unable to pass a ball or unable to care and if it did the problem is with the player/employee. We are losing to teams we embarrassed only a matter of months ago, we haven't scored away from home since Ade's penalty at the Emeroids nor won since December. Its a shocking indictment on the characters of men who really did believe all the hype that was written about them.

Thats not to say Arry shouldn't be moved on, he should and soon. Its best for all at this stage.

great post

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Who would be a manager?
    My God, how eaten bread is soon forgot!
    What have we spent on quality signings in the last 2 years?
    Harry and the Mgmt are only doing THEIR VERY BEST for this club.
    He is trying to provide MR LEVY & ENIC (THE BUSINESS) with "Champagne Champions League Football on a Lucozade budget".
    It sadens me to see Spurs supporters turn on a man that has given us so much.
    The buck stops with the players period!
    If they are not good enough to drag their sorry asses to get CL for themselves, then the teams that qualify were better than us.
    Credit where credit is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I thought we established ages ago it is all John Terry's fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Personally I think the players are tired. 'Arry has never been one for rotating much, or even rotating who plays 90 mins, and I think that has left us a bit stale at this stage of the season. The players still feel fit but they are just 2% slower than the opposition and that makes them second to every ball.

So who is to blame? Well mostly 'Arry, he shoulda made more use of the likes of Livermore, Pienaar, Rose, Sandro, Defoe and Corluka. I'm not sure what happened in January but we needed some fresh legs and we got the opposite (Saha and Nelsen). They have done ok as it happens but we needed some additional energy. I couldn't believe we let Pienaar go. Thought he was a great addition to the squad when he arrived. Inexplicably underused. Not even given many sub appearances.

I'm not sure if it was 'Arry or Levy who insisted on trimming the squad.

Kinda the same thing happened last season. We were all over Milan and Inter and then running on empty by the time we played Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It’s down to strikers, I could be wrong but I can’t imagine Newcastle’s squad being huge. The difference is competent strikers, I don’t buy the rotation thing.

I’d much rather a settled well oiled squad week in week out. If a player knows he needs a rest then speak up? They play once a week, bunch of fairy princesses the lot of them.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    It’s down to strikers, I could be wrong but I can’t imagine Newcastle’s squad being huge. The difference is competent strikers, I don’t buy the rotation thing.

I’d much rather a settled well oiled squad week in week out. If a player knows he needs a rest then speak up? They play once a week, bunch of fairy princesses the lot of them.

A settled well oiled squad is exactly what we need. But that should mean our most important players getting a rest the odd time and it should mean that we use our subs as much as possible. Trust the squad.

I don't think the players should ever say they need a rest. They might not even feel tired exactly. I know Sky go on about it a lot but it actually is a very fast paced league. I think that makes for small margins for error. If a guy has slightly less spring in his step he is gonna be second to the ball every time or he will lean back before taking the shot, or he will hit the first man with a cross, or he will switch off for a second at a corner.

It's not just about being fit, it's about being fresh.

I kind of have to agree with Sugarlumps. While Ade has been great for us, he's not prolific. VDV is the same, and so is Defoe. Let's not mention Saha. We haven't had a prolific striker in ages, and if you look at Utd, Arsenal, City and now Newcastle, they have strikers banging the goals in. Imagine if we had Newcastle's Cisse playing for us now, and scoring for fun? We'd most likely still be challening at the top!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17853271

Possible these comments are Luka and Niko venting their frustration via Charlie...? My guess, yes.

When you look at the two Croatians you wonder what Harry is at. Has Luka started one game on the bench? Has Niko started one game?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

I agree Ormus and I agree with Corluka.
    Definitely Sandro way under used and Danny Rose.
    Although, I can't wait to see the back of "no show" Modric.
    If we had Piennar, a commited player, we could drop him for the final games.
    Just not putting it in, never turns up in big games and is probably minding his "little legs" for the Euros, the little surrender monkey!
    Selling Modric and I think Bale will be off too :o will give us money to buy 2 strikers, a centre half and two midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yidweiser wrote: »
    Just not putting it in, never turns up in big games and is probably minding his "little legs" for the Euros, the little surrender monkey!
    Selling Modric and I think Bale will be off too :o will give us money to buy 2 strikers, a centre half and two midfielders.

Sell modric and bale and we may forget about challenging for anything for the next couple of years at least.

I think Modric has been brilliant for us. He has been running non stop all season for 90 mins every game and his little legs are getting tired.

He might leave in the summer but we should try to keep him.

Forget about raising money to buy players. We are capable of making big bids. Our problem is that we don't offer top wages and are not (at present) in the Champions league. Thats why we can only hope to buy the likes of Junior Hoilett or Moussa Dembele, as opposed to the likes of Eden Hazard or Fernando Llorente.

couldnt disagree with this more.

anytime i have seen pienaar play for spurs he has been tripe

keane=cock wrote: »
    couldnt disagree with this more.

anytime i have seen pienaar play for spurs he has been tripe

I agree he was pretty indifferent, but he was never given a run. He was never even given a run of sub appearances.

Ormus wrote: »
    I agree he was pretty indifferent, but he was never given a run. He was never even given a run of sub appearances.

Agreed, and look how well he's playing for Everton now. I never understood why he was bought, and then struggled even more with the purchase seeing as he never played. If HR had deployed him the same way Moyes did, we'd probably have seen a much more effective player for Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

The squad is tired. There is no rotation system and it shows now, the players have no energy. We need good cover all over the pitch to rest our starting 11 with rotation through out the season. Look at how many players we have injured at the moment as well, there is a reason for this.

Advertisement