Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is to blame for our current pony form?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I don't agree with this tiredness excuse at all,most of the players only played once a week during the season,surely that's not too much to ask of them for 60+ grand per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

tippspur wrote: »
    I don't agree with this tiredness excuse at all,most of the players only played once a week during the season,surely that's not too much to ask of them for 60+ grand per week.

Sorry mate, the wages have nothing to do with it. You need to keep all you players fresh i.e. at peak condition... Rooney, Young, Mata, Drogba, RVP et al are rested when the opportunity arises. That's not because they're lazy, it's because they're manager understands how to use a squad in order to maintain the overall fitness of a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sorry mate, the wages have nothing to do with it. You need to keep all you players fresh i.e. at peak condition... Rooney, Young, Mata, Drogba, RVP et al are rested when the opportunity arises. That's not because they're lazy, it's because they're manager understands how to use a squad in order to maintain the overall fitness of a team.

Not sure RVP is rested a lot to be honest, but have heard people say he looks tired so maybe you have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Very good article likening our drop in form to that of Bordeaux under Laurent Blanc and ManU in 01/02.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/28/harry-redknapp-tottenham-england-fa

Advertisement