Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good time frame to cross a boxer

• 21-04-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

hi i have a 2 year old boxer that came into heat yesterday. so im wondering how long do i wait untill i cross her.
    between what days would she be most fertile?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Why do you want to breed her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

i want to give her a litter before i get her womb removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Get her a big marrow bone from your local butchers.

Less stress for you, her, the butcher, the puppies, the vet, your wallet and the potential rescue home*.

(*not a reflection on you but some people aren't designed for puppies)

how is it when you ask a question you get all the ans apart from the one you want :confused:
    anyway im use to 4 young kids in the house i think a few puppies for a few weeks will be fine. wasent a issue before.
    i got my ans anyway by pm so mods can lock it up
    thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You want to let your dog have a litter yet you don't even know how and when is the best time to breed her??? Do you have any idea of what else is involved with breeding? The Risks involved? The cost involved?

I'm not putting you off breeding in any way but firstly i think you should look into it a lot more, it's not just a case of throwing 2 dogs together and a few months later having a load of pups.

We'll be breeding our boxer early next year, mainly because we want one of her pups (maybe 2) for ourselves. Later in the year we will be getting her heart checked, hip scored etc, that's gonna cost us a few quid, if there's any signs of abnormalities then we won't go through with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

dax121 wrote: »
    how is it when you ask a question you get all the ans apart from the one you want

Oh, right sorry. The answers you want.

Eighteen hours and forty minutes is the best time to wait, she will be most fertile between Saturday and Sunday when everyone's off work, the pups will be perfect no matter what you mate the bitch with (Great Dane or Bichon...) You won't have to spend any money on vets fees or whelping crates and other stuff involved with back yard breeding. Everyone will queue out the door to take the pups and leave numerous €50 notes with, you will be mortgage free for the rest of your life and every where you go for the rest of you like people will high five you and give you fine wines and fillet steak.

You will live forever too.

whatever john :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Thread closed on request -- dax121 I suggest you do heed some of the comments, also the best way to ask a mod to close a thread is to PM them, we don't always get to read every post. I just happened to read through most this morning.

John_Rambo - no need for sarcasm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement