Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog micro chipping to be made compulsory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Fiskar wrote: »
    Hope Phil the power Hogan does the same here, he has taxed nearly everything else!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/21/dog-microchips-compulsory

Think the cost is to the vet. My dog went missing in the runup to halloween one year and beacuse he was microchipped I got him back. So I'm all for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

But the scummers who cause all the problems won't microchip their dogs anyway, what's the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I'm in two minds about it. I dunno would the owners of my dog kept her alive as a pup if they thought they'd have to pay to chip her.
    On the other hand, I think it would be great for lost dogs or dogs that attack.
    Very hard to police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

New world order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Think it's a good idea but why is an article from a UK paper being used to imply that it's happening in here when it's not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

First the dogs, next the humans

and you'll have the naive nothing to hide crowd supporting it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

murpho999 wrote: »
    Think it's a good idea but why is an article from a UK paper being used to imply that it's happening in here when it's not?

i thought the same when i saw the title and opened the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

great idea,

/why not chip the politicians as well, we could check their mileage easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

murpho999 wrote: »
    i thought the same when i saw the title and opened the thread

Ruff crowd OP.
    Must try harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Gret idea as long as they can get owners to actually register the chip.
    Too many times have I seen found dogs adds that read "Chipped but not registered."
    My dog is chipped with both mine and the OH phone numbers and addresses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Dogs now, people next.

Perhaps we will volunteer to have one implanted for some convenience. Look how easily we all gave up our anonyminity with the internet and phones, big brother is here and we even privately paid for it. George Orwell never seen that coming.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Horses have to be chipped and it is an excellent idea.No-one can pass off one horse for another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭IsaacWunder

Fiskar wrote: »
    Hope Phil the power Hogan does the same here, he has taxed nearly everything else!

There would be no money in bringing that in. All it would do is piss voters off. Maybe phasing microchipping in by mandating it for new dogs would be worthwhile, but is there any need for it outside cities?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

There would be no money in bringing that in. All it would do is piss voters off. Maybe phasing microchipping in by mandating it for new dogs would be worthwhile, but is there any need for it outside cities?
    Huge need-working dogs often stolen, dogs dumped in the country and dogs attacking sheep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I don't see what the issue should be - any responsible dog owner would be doing it already. Should your dog go missing, and is lacking a collar+tags... it's handy to have the chip in if someone else found the dog.

Advertisement