Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower install cost

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

paddy147 wrote: »
    I never said anything about anyone not being legit.

There are many professionals who go to the SW office and declare when they get a days work or even a few hours work.

So lets not just presume and taint everyone with the 1 brush.

Regards.:)

Nobody is tainting anyone with any brush.

I took it as you where referring to lads on the dole do some work on the side
    and if thats not what you where talking about then my mistake..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

M cebee wrote: »
    the rules don't put it that way

In my opinion they do.
    'concealed' wires in solid walls,hollow walls and partitions

must have armour or conduit unless dropping to a 'point'
    To me a point is a socket, switch etc.
    According to your post above wires do not not require armor or conduit when feeding "a point".

I have wired inspected installations without using conduit or armor for vertical drops in partition walls.

What kind of conduit would you suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I did a similar job recently. Im a 4th year apprentice and it was a nixer. 3 or 4 bedroom semi d, ran 10sq T&E from CU in plastic trunking up tight to the ceiling above the stairs and up into the attic where the landing is, to pull cord switch then from switch to shower. 40a rcbo in CU. Took me 3 hours including soup and sandwich :D and as I was only providing labour the cost was €80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

wiring concealed in hollow walls and partitions shall be protected by an earth metal screen,armouring,metal conduit or trunking,against damage by penetration or impact by nails or drills except where the following conditions apply

a) the distance measured horizontally between the wiring and the reverse surface of the walls is not less than 50mm

b) the wiring is installed :

in a straight vertical or horizontal run going directly to a point,accessory or switchgear mounted on a wall or partition,or

within a vertical distance of 150mm from a ceiling,or

within a horizontal distance of 150mm from a corner formed by two adjoining walls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

2011 wrote: »
    the rules don't put it that way

In my opinion they do.
    'concealed' wires in solid walls,hollow walls and partitions

must have armour or conduit unless dropping to a 'point'
    To me a point is a socket, switch etc.
    According to your post above wires do not not require armor or conduit when feeding "a point".

I have wired inspected installations without using conduit or armor for vertical drops in partition walls.

What kind of conduit would you suggest?

you've lost me 2011
    see meercats post

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

you've lost me 2011
    see meercats post
    I agree with his post.

No conduit required within a partition wall if a cables are feeding socket, accessory etc.

I agree with his post.

No conduit required within a partition wall if a cables are feeding socket, accessory etc.

yes of course not!:confused:

maybe you should go back and read my posts

maybe you should go back and read my posts

I did and saw this:
    i would never fish a t+e at random through a stud wall or drylined wall myself

surface pvc trunking

I guess that I took a different meaning from it, apologies.
    It seems we agree

thfriends-forever.gif

I did and saw this:

I guess that I took a different meaning from it, apologies.
    It seems we agree

no problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

meercat wrote: »
    thfriends-forever.gif

Feck that, i love causing trouble, who`s next:mad::mad:
    Jokin of course

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Feck that, i love causing trouble, who`s next:mad::mad:
    Jokin of course

robbie7730
    manys a truth said in jest
    time for a leg update:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

meercat wrote: »
    robbie7730
    manys a truth said in jest
    time for a leg update:D

:D:D
    I had a little hidden bit in white, just in case someone believed me for once:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Doodoo wrote: »
    Just wondering can someone give me a breakdown cost of wiring an electric shower. The shower will be mounted and plumbed by others. Price should include labour, 40amp rcbo, 20m of 10sq cable and pull cord.

Any thread I've found has been from the boom times so the prices are a bit steep for today's climate.

Forgot to mention doodoo, i didn't buy the materials but as far as i know they were approx €100

Advertisement