Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballygaddy Road Tuam

Options
  • 21-04-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Just wondering will the ballygaddy road be resurfaced as part of the big dig in tuam. Its been left in a dreadful state

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Just wondering will the ballygaddy road be resurfaced as part of the big dig in tuam. Its been left in a dreadful state

Try cycling on it. :(

I did it almost everyday over the summer when I cycled to and from the gym. Sweet mother it was uncomfortable.

Hopefully it will be redone but has it actually been dug up during the big dig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

No it won't be resurfaced as part of this contract. County Council has not allocated funding for it. It's been in a terrible state for as long as I remember. When I was a kid bag in the 80's we used to try crossing the road without stepping on the cracks which proved challenging!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

When I was a kid bag in the 80's we used to try crossing the road without stepping on the cracks which proved challenging!

:pac: I do feel like a BMX biker on Ballygaddy road.

I was thinking it wasn't under the big dig's remit but it's the Coffey machinery that has put the final nail in that roads coffin.

You can actually see the old curbs from when the road was narrower (I'm guessing going back decades ago?) because the road surface is so worn away.

Nah I really don't think their machinery made it any worse to be honest! Sure that road is donkeys years old.as I said it was in bits years ago when I was a kid. I drove it the other day and my family don't live on that road anymore so I hadnt been on it since just before the big dig started..and to be honest I didn't notice it to be any worse since the roadworks started. Sure that road has had years of heavy machinery and vehicles from the sugar factory years! Galway CoCo should provide Coffeys with an instruction to resurface the road while they are in Tuam and get it done now as it gets a good bit of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

I cycle and drive on it and its a nightmare. Coffeys have dug it up and made it worse IMO but its crazy if they dont (Galway coco) don't resurface it.

Who would I contact to find out. Coffeys or Galway coco.

• Advertisement

Galway CoCo would have to issue an instruction to the contractor to resurface. So you would have to contact GalwayCoCo Roads Section.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Ballygaddy Road is an absolute disgrace. It used to be one of the best. Hope something is done about it!

Its starting to look like

The Rocky Road To Kilbannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Driving through and the whole place is like a beach-front, full of shtones. :) Can also now have great fun playing "Dodge-the-pot-hole." (Well, really they're not pot-holes, maybe they're kinda temporary slots for pipe-laying I don't know, no idea what they are but they're cropping up all over the place.) But would try at all costs to avoid driving over them. Don't fancy forking out un-necessary monies on car-repairs. Paying petrol is enough.

Supposedly funding has been allocated this week for the re-surfacing of
    Ballygaddy Road.
    Cllr. Larry Bane announced it this week. Fair play to him

• Advertisement
Advertisement