Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW E46 Wiper Blades

Options
  • 21-04-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi,

I've got a 2004 BMW E46 and recently the wiper blades have been driving me crazy "shuddering" on the windscreen. The blades are less than 12 months old.

I've been looking at blades on the web and I see a lot of talk about "flat" wiper blades. I was wondering what type of flat wiper blade fits the E46 model ?

Also does anyone know how I might stop the OEM blades shuddering on the screen ?

Thanks,
    Jack.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Personal experience is not to retrofit the newer 'AeroTwin' type flat blades to an E46 - I swapped back to the Bosch OEM blades within a week. Pricey at around €50 but still performing well 18-20 months on.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭higgins_j

Cheers .. I had wasn't too sure about the flat blades. As a matter of interest, when your old OEM blades were on the way out did they shudder on the screen as well ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I fitted retro fit flat blades on my 01 e46 coupe. These were cheap of the cheap 8 euro each from Tesco, but they are working great, with no shuddering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

ciarsd wrote: »
    Personal experience is not to retrofit the newer 'AeroTwin' type flat blades to an E46 - I swapped back to the Bosch OEM blades within a week. Pricey at around €50 but still performing well 18-20 months on.

When I had squeaky blades on my E46, I too went OEM but they gave me the flat type of blades to replace the older ones. I asked the dealer that my car didn't have these and he replied that these were the BMW standard for all going forward! They cost about €50 from Joe Duffy

Fitted them and no squeaking two year afterward - I've since sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

I have used the champion retro fit flat blades before and found them grand, lasted a long time, longer than the OE blades at last service....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

delly wrote: »
    I fitted retro fit flat blades on my 01 e46 coupe. These were cheap of the cheap 8 euro each from Tesco, but they are working great, with no shuddering.

+1..I got my blades from fleabay,though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

15 euro in my local garage for a set of valeo wipers. They're better then Bosch wiper blades IMO.

Valeo + RainX = Excellent visibility in even the poorest of conditions.

Advertisement