Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My apps wont transfer to itunes!?

• 21-04-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a new iphone 4S, I also got an iphone 4 from work, I'm trying to transfer my apps from my iphone 4S to my iphone 4. I searched on the internet how to transfer the apps onto my itunes first and its not working? I have authorized my computer and I clicked on transfer purchases and also clicked Back up but neither are transferring the apps to my itunes. Could someone please help me how to do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just download them again from the iPhone 4. Go to App Store > Updates > Purchases > Not on this iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just download them again from the iPhone 4. Go to App Store > Updates > Purchases > Not on this iPhone.
    I was just going to suggest that but any saved info in apps will be missing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm open to correction, but I'm pretty sure app syncing with iTunes only syncs the apps, not the app data. For that you'd probably have to restore from a backup of the phone, which won't work in this case because the phone being restored to is older than the phone the backup was taken from.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭[DM]Frink

I went into the apps store and there is nothing there where it says "Not On This Phone".....? So are you telling me there is no way I can put apps from my iphone 4S to my iphone 4?

You need to be logged into the App Store using the same Apple ID as on your other phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

I dont know if this is your issue but it was for me.

I bought ipeng to control my squeezboxes , there is an "in app" purchase called playback which lets you use your ios device as a playback device , it means you can play back all your flac and any other file type on your ipad , iphone , itouch etc.

Anyway , as its an in app purchase youve got to back it up to your itunes account or you lose it on the next sync.

It wouldnt back up , none of my apps would , after much searching I found out that to back up my apps and all thats in there to itunes , I had to switch off icloud back up on the phone , at least temporarily !

You do that in Settings > icloud > storage and backup .... try that , it should automatically back up to itunes as soon as you connect. Then as long as your other devices are on the same account , they should sync.

Advertisement