Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car alarm

• 21-04-2012 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi all,

Decided to take the plunge and trade in my car in the near future. I want to take the alarm and bluetooth kit out of my old car and install them in the new one. Could anybody recommend a cheap and reliable person to do this job for me please?

Many thanks in advance for any replies/suggestions :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DOBBER112

leo78 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Decided to take the plunge and trade in my car in the near future. I want to take the alarm and bluetooth kit out of my old car and install them in the new one. Could anybody recommend a cheap and reliable person to do this job for me please?

Many thanks in advance for any replies/suggestions :)

Any decent auto electrician would quote you fella, There's a fella on the Dock Road O'Shea auto electrics.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/o-shea-auto-electrics-limerick-city/1/

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Leonita

Thanks for the suggestion Dobber. Any idea on how much he might charge for a job like that?

Thanks for the suggestion Dobber. Any idea on how much he might charge for a job like that?

No idea fella I'd only be ballpark guessing, dial the number and get a quote. Good Luck ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Des Kennedy should be able to sort you out. He located up the road from the Markets Field towards the Ballysimon Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

bazz26 wrote: »
    Des Kennedy should be able to sort you out. He located up the road from the Markets Field towards the Ballysimon Road.
    +1 on that greenhills road garryowen is the place,,good to do any autoelectrical work and not a ripoff merchant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

+1 for Des Kennedy too. He definitely won't rip you off. My electric window stopped working a few weeks ago, I went to a guy on the Ennis Rd for a quote and was told in the region of €200 to fix the window. Des Kennedy fixed it for €45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Would also recommend Des Kennedy one of the longest and best around the business for anything electrical in cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

And he also scored a couple of goals against Real Madrid many years ago, legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Got Des to put the alarm in my car for me about 18 months ago, not 100% sure but I think it was €70 he charged!!

Thanks to all for the replies. I might give that Des guy a call - he seems to be getting a lot of praise from everybody here.

• Advertisement

Thanks to all for the replies. I might give that Des guy a call - he seems to be getting a lot of praise from everybody here.

Let us know what you were quoted anyway :D

Will do! It might not be for a while though! The finances are looking a bit shaky at the moment but have to get rid of my old car as it's giving me terrible problems! Thanks for all the advice though! Will keep ye posted when I do contact him :)

Advertisement