Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses being built behind Sextons Pub

Options
  • 21-04-2012 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Does anyone have any details of the mini estate being built being Sextons pub on the Dublin road ?

All I can see is the McParland Bros are building in but not much any other details ?

Google Searches are fruitless currently

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

It is a LCC social housing development!

I really wish that some agreement could be made that 'ghost' estates be taken on by the local authorities completed and used to reduce the housing list, unfortunately this can often work out to be more expensive than a complete new develoment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

thanks for that was wondering what they were, glad now I didnt buy around there, buy a lovely detached house or whatever and have a potential downtown beruit on my door step..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Lcc have a lot of empty houses around the town yet they're building more?

Salvation wrote: »
    glad now I didnt buy around there, buy a lovely detached house or whatever and have a potential downtown beruit on my door step..

Ach thats a bit unfair!! Have a look at a similar estate at the bottom of the Old Golf Links Rd, they are really nice and the occupants are too - Rock Celtic would be behind them to give an idea of where they are. Most people wouldnt even know that they are social housing!

Anyhow any housing development over a certain number has to allocate a percentage to the council...

MugMugs wrote: »

Where are these houses? They are leasing houses to help deal with the shortage!

• Advertisement

Nesta99 wrote: »

Where are these houses? They are leasing houses to help deal with the shortage!

Was in Lis Na Dara not so long ago and showed empty houses that.the council still haven't filled some 5 years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Ive seen them building there allright
    Seems crazy while 200 yards away there's a massive ghost estate ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

was just saying the same the other day, they seem to have appeared from nowhere:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Does anyone have any details of the mini estate being built being Sextons pub on the Dublin road ?

All I can see is the McParland Bros are building in but not much any other details ?

Google Searches are fruitless currently

90 houses isn't that mini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

thanks for that was wondering what they were, glad now I didnt buy around there, buy a lovely detached house or whatever and have a potential downtown beruit on my door step..

That's a dreadful comment to make. So social housing = ghetto???:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Northern contractors again really galls me to see all Louth CoCo contracts headin north, its no good for our economy as these guys pay their taxes in GB and wont spend a cent in the Republic all the supplies are coming across the border.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The councils own social housing plan is getting away from entire social housing estates and instead uses one or two units from many developments to meet demand.

Mixing the social housing with regular housing avoids the problems some council estates experience.

• Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

Ive seen them building there allright
    Seems crazy while 200 yards away there's a massive ghost estate ?

Marlmount isn't a ghost estate anymore. With houses sold for 60k and 10 houses given to social housing it's almost full now

Marlmount is not full....

Have a drive around it and 60% of the houses are empty

As for houses going for 60k was that an urban myth, how I know this as I was looking for a house there and did the full background.

The estate is classed as a class 3 or 4 housing estate.

Also the houses with the sold signs are not, it is a scam

All the houses have been taken off the market and as for social housing, really ? so the council are going to give certain spongers a 5 bedroomed detached house...

Not happening, maybe back in the stupid recent past but not now...

That's a dreadful comment to make. So social housing = ghetto???:mad:

Have you been to coxes or Muirhevnamor that was good olde social housing as for the place behind the retail park dont even start me about certain clients that live there who sponge of the state did so for years and rewarded with a new house and doing the same sh1t they did before they were handed that house at my expense... the tax payer..

there are several ghost estates in dundalk and not being used but yet we have to pay for this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

...and as for social housing, really ? so the council are going to give certain spongers a 5 bedroomed detached house...

...certain clients that live there who sponge of the state did so for years and rewarded with a new house and doing the same sh1t they did before they were handed that house at my expense... the tax payer..

You're a very ignorant person, and I pity you.

mod9maple wrote: »
    What you dont like the plain and simple truth...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

macadam wrote: »
    Northern contractors again really galls me to see all Louth CoCo contracts headin north, its no good for our economy as these guys pay their taxes in GB and wont spend a cent in the Republic all the supplies are coming across the border.

It's an EU thing. Any public sector spend over €10k has to go to eTender. It's not very nice to see non locals get the work but not a lot can be done about it.

There's a small bit of credit to what Salvation is saying.

Perhaps it could have been phrased a bit better but the estates mentioned aren't exactly shining examples of Wisteria lane...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

There's a small bit of credit to what Salvation is saying.

Perhaps it could have been phrased a bit better but the estates mentioned aren't exactly shining examples of Wisteria lane...

Understatement of the century.

It's wrong to label every socially housed person as a sponger. And I don't mean morally.

Sure, there's plenty of people taking the piss but sweeping generalisations are the lowest form of debate and shouldn't be given any creedance.

• Advertisement

Understatement of the century.

It's wrong to label every socially housed person as a sponger. And I don't mean morally.

Sure, there's plenty of people taking the piss but sweeping generalisations are the lowest form of debate and shouldn't be given any creedance.

Perhaps we should just move on and accept that everybody is entitled to their opinions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Perhaps we should just move on and accept that everybody is entitled to their opinions :)

Indeed they are, but not all opinions are valid especially when based on ignorance and prejudice, and those voicing them should be called on them.

Indeed they are, but not all opinions are valid .

Can you guess what's coming here? Yeah, you got it..... That is YOUR opinion.... Just because you don't believe its valid doesn't mean it is. You don't know Salvation and their background and likewise..... Instead of resorting to personal abuse why don't you man up and state your case why you think they're wrong. I came from a council estate and I personally feel that the minority give the majority the bad name..... But that's my opinion. Am I wrong too?

• Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

As for houses going for 60k was that an urban myth, how I know this as I was looking for a house there and did the full background.

All the houses have been taken off the market and as for social housing, really ? so the council are going to give certain spongers a 5 bedroomed detached house...

It would appear you haven't done the full background...

First I can confirm there was houses sold there for 60k. I suggest you contact sherry Fitzgerald Carroll.

Secondly with regards to social housing not all (in fact only a small portion) are 5 bedroomed

First I can confirm there was houses sold there for 60k. I suggest you contact sherry Fitzgerald Carroll.

Secondly with regards to social housing not all (in fact only a small portion) are 5 bedroomed
    60k ?????
    Are u sure about that ?
    Looking on daft.ie there's not much in the area comin up at 60k
    Maybe a cash deal or to the council ?

And the northern Ireland contractors thing is everywhere and one of the previous posters is spot on .
    It's an eu thing .

As for the estate running from sextons to the green gates it is like an old army training ground . Deserted with loads of tracks around the site

60k ?????
    Are u sure about that ?
    Looking on daft.ie there's not much in the area comin up at 60k
    Maybe a cash deal or to the council ?

And the northern Ireland contractors thing is everywhere and one of the previous posters is spot on .
    It's an eu thing .

As for the estate running from sextons to the green gates it is like an old army training ground . Deserted with loads of tracks around the site

I know for a fact no houses there when for 60k, the lowest was a terrace at 167k...

The area is nama owned and also the developer is a moron who wont adjust his prices to the market and is stuck in the 2008 timewarp..

Apparently the plans for the area was to have 1400+ houses/apartments/retail units etc there.

If you goto the louth county council planning section and do a serach for it under the eplanning part, it is amazing what was planned and failed :eek:

New secondary school, health clinic, mains sewage and water to the entire South Dundalk enviorns along with what salvation mentioned. Massive plans with an estimated 10000 people moving into the area:eek:. Now where the people were going to materialise from? Good job it was a phased project-imagine if the housing went ahead in larger numbers....what a mess! Marlmount looks quite nice from the outside but what is the quailty of the build? Considering i live 15min walk away ye'd think i'd have popped in to the show house at the time:o

That sounds about right
    Worth 60k
    Looking 167k

Nesta99 wrote: »
    New secondary school, health clinic, mains sewage and water to the entire South Dundalk enviorns along with what salvation mentioned. Massive plans with an estimated 10000 people moving into the area:eek:. Now where the people were going to materialise from? Good job it was a phased project-imagine if the housing went ahead in larger numbers....what a mess! Marlmount looks quite nice from the outside but what is the quailty of the build? Considering i live 15min walk away ye'd think i'd have popped in to the show house at the time:o

Have you seen the fully built road down from marlmount that goes for a KM and stops, in perfect condition.

There was 140M plans for a complete road system in the general area, again shelved !

And yes I agree they are work 60K !:p

But people are having serious water pressure issues there from what I hear and the workmanship of the houses is not the best..Look nice but not 100% inside..

• Advertisement

That amazing I talked to them this morning and a certain lady in there who I deal with on a regular basis laughed at me... I will like to know where you got that figure as I would buy a house if that was the price...

Advertisement