Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses being built behind Sextons Pub

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Salvation wrote: »
    Have you seen the fully built road down from marlmount that goes for a KM and stops, in perfect condition.

There was 140M plans for a complete road system in the general area, again shelved !

And yes I agree they are work 60K !:p

But people are having serious water pressure issues there from what I hear and the workmanship of the houses is not the best..Look nice but not 100% inside..

Id imagine the finished road you are referring to is part of the IDA infrastructure around the area (take the left off the first roundabout after Xerox going to M1, id say that road develoment is similar and is IDA).

That 140mil included the road that was to run behind the hospital to hill st and on to centenary rd + upgrading existing roads to deal with the additional traffic.

Water pressure hmmm no excuse there no matter what as additional pumping station/s would resolve that assuming it is not a problem within the properties. While we have our own well we are also connected to public water system for shower, heating etc and definately no problem with pressure and we would be on the same line.

I know it's all ifs and buts...but if the infrastructural aspect of the plans had happened massive benefit would have been gained by the town as a whole. Even the warehousing and park and ride at Heynestown (left of link road on the way to carrolls junction).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

That amazing I talked to them this morning and a certain lady in there who I deal with on a regular basis laughed at me... I will like to know where you got that figure as I would buy a house if that was the price...
    When the property value database goes live in a few months, we will be able to see what those Marlmount houses actually went for. I wouldnt put any money on a bet saying €60,000

• Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

That amazing I talked to them this morning and a certain lady in there who I deal with on a regular basis laughed at me... I will like to know where you got that figure as I would buy a house if that was the price...

I live there and my neighbour paid 60k. You offer them 60k for one of the small ones and they ll take yer hand off. I bought in 2009 and paid 205k Unlucky for me.

Worst mistake ever, houses are crap also. Freezing cold

Let me ask neighbour has he signed any confidentiality agreement with Mcgarrell Reilly. If not I ll pm the address of property that went for 60k. You can then go back to your friend *snip* and get your deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

I have been looking for a house in Dundalk now for 1 year extended my mortgage sanction 4 times and marlmount was my first port of call but if that is fact, I would certainly go back to them and deal.

As the current stock of houses in the town are bad and pretty rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

A friend has literally just moved into a 4-bed detached in Marlmount. Finished to a really high standard. Solid wood doors, wiring included network and TV to all rooms and full picture and sound cables in the living room walls. Fitted floor-to-ceiling wardrobes in each room, sound doesn't travel between rooms and so far he thinks it's quite easy to heat and retain heat.

Another friend lives in one of the 3 bed semis though and I think they were saying it can get cold. Probably depends on the person/people. Some just are more comfortable at lower/higher temps than others and have differing opinions of hot and cold as a result.

On a side-note - as regards to the price - my newly-moved-in friend found little or no room to maneouvre with the price. The seller refused them outright and told the price was the price and they were in no rush to sell. Think they eventually got him down a little but afaik it was feck all.

You wouldnt happen to know what he got the house for the detached one ?

You wouldnt happen to know what he got the house for the detached one ?
    Not sure - just over 200k I believe. I could be wrong though so don't quote me.

Not sure - just over 200k I believe. I could be wrong though so don't quote me.

Thanks I suppose when the price index comes out we will find the real price of these houses as the estate agents are pond life and very untruthful.

Salvation the neighbour who bought for 60k was a 3 bed semi detached. Not a detached.

Just so you know. The bigger ones are more expensive. The largest house in estate went for 180k recently.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that info francie I will give them a bell in the morning and see if they can tell me the truth.

Thanks

qc3 wrote: »

These are asking prices. In reality houses are been sold for much less these days. Make them an offer of 55-60k and if they say no leave them your number.

They will be all over you like sh1te on a blanket. There has only been about 2 houses sold there this year

These are asking prices. In reality houses are been sold for much less these days. Make them an offer of 55-60k and if they say no leave them your number.

They will be all over you like sh1te on a blanket. There has only been about 2 houses sold there this year

As I said above they flat out refused a lower offer on the 4 bed semi. He left them their number and gave them a month and heard nothing. The guy maintained he is in no rush to sell and will not sell for less than it costs to build one.

He upgraded their choice of kitchen, fireplace and other aspects of the spec to the 5 bed semi level but as far as I know that was that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I think you'll find that the design standard and build quality of most purpose-built social housing far exceeds that of recent "private" housing.

The days of huge, poorly built social housing estates is long over.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sportfanatic

Hi all, sorry for rehashing an old thread, but has anyone any updates on Marlmount?

My girlfriend and I are about to start looking for a place to buy and Marlmount was one of the areas that looked good on DAFT.

There's been some positive and negative discussions on the estate on boards in the past, and we're just trying to get an accurate view on things like the build quality, anti social behaviour, value for money, etc

I spent many months with my other half looking at these in fine detail.

Here are a few things we found out :

1.) Development is owned by Nama
    2.) The builder/developer who is selling these properties is a waste of time as he is living in a time warp around 2007 I think.
    3.) Yes the houses look "nice", I had a civil engineer and construction expert check these houses and he is so so about them and they could have been built better.
    4.) The estate agents, will lie through their teeth about what they have gone for but the property price register will give you the real price.

My advice is look elsewhere unless Dundalk is where you want to be, they are over priced for what they are and although look well are average properties.

We are still looking and now have marked that development off as a waste of time.

If you need further info just PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

I spent many months with my other half looking at these in fine detail.

Here are a few things we found out :

1.) Development is owned by Nama
    2.) The builder/developer who is selling these properties is a waste of time as he is living in a time warp around 2007 I think.
    3.) Yes the houses look "nice", I had a civil engineer and construction expert check these houses and he is so so about them and they could have been built better.
    4.) The estate agents, will lie through their teeth about what they have gone for but the property price register will give you the real price.

My advice is look elsewhere unless Dundalk is where you want to be, they are over priced for what they are and although look well are average properties.

We are still looking and now have marked that development off as a waste of time.

If you need further info just PM me :)

Are you talking above about the ones that are built in Marlmount or the ones been built behind Sextons pub (as in the title thread)?

cargo wrote: »
    Are you talking above about the ones that are built in Marlmount or the ones been built behind Sextons pub (as in the title thread)?
    Marlmount the ones in behind the sextons pub are council houses

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sportfanatic

Thanks for the reply, some great info there.
    We are both from the Dundalk area and this is where we see our selves buying a "family home".
    Both of us working in Dublin at the moment, so the south side of Dundalk is our preferred location.ideally we'll be looking for job opportunities closer to home

• Advertisement
Advertisement