Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i just got a load of new neighbours today...

• 21-04-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

at 4pm today 2 caravans had pulled up in the private road outside my apartment complex, now theres 12 caravans. 10 more have just arrived in the last hour.

anyone care to tell me what i can do get them moved along, the gardai said "its their right to be there" and they wont do anything until the land owner contacts them. the land owner being a large british supermarket i'd imagine this would take some time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Invite them in for a cuppa, I hear that travellers are a lovely bunch of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

"its their right to be there"

maybe vote for the other party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

the invasion has begun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Ask them to make you a turf bin or a gate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Slurry Spreader;)

Irish nomads, a great bunch of lads:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Time to invest in a shotgun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Shell them with a potato cannon.

Or just... contact the land owner yourself and make a complaint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

/me puts on PC hat..

Embrace diversity and as that British supermarket says, every little bit helps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Streak them out of it. Kackaners have a morbid fear of homosexuals. Doesn't matter how hard they look OP. They fear getting it up the bum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

joe stodge wrote: »
    at 4pm today 2 caravans had pulled up in the private road outside my apartment complex, now theres 12 caravans. 10 more have just arrived in the last hour.

anyone care to tell me what i can do get them moved along, the gardai said "its their right to be there" and they wont do anything until the land owner contacts them. the land owner being a large british supermarket i'd imagine this would take some time.

You could go out and challange the Mainman to a fistfight or you can do what the Gardai have said, OP there is nothing you can do its a private road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Tell em a little girl was run over on that road 10 years ago. Ever since people have seen the ghostly apparition of a headless child roaming the area. Give em a small bottle of holy water for their caravan.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,753 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

hack Norad and call for an airstrike!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Shell them with a potato cannon.

Or just... contact the land owner yourself and make a complaint?

already contacted them, the store manager said he'll have to contact someone incharge of the grounds surrounding the buildings.

I blame the british on this.Payback time for that essex carry on :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

organise a rave in the field

Streak them out of it. Kackaners have a morbid fear of homosexuals. Doesn't matter how hard they look OP. They fear getting it up the bum

This:D:D

Go to their window & press your naked torso against it, I think I read in another thread here it's part of their culture

*have a driver in a car ready to go, with the passenger door open

& someone to video & post here:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Whatever you do, don't say what you think of them on here or you will be banned and called a racist etc....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

They are there to get money from the supermarket chain to move on - tried and tested and sometimes works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Bring them all round to the Hilton for a feed and a few jars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Buy some cheap carpet off them while you've the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

realies wrote: »
    You could go out and challange the Mainman to a fistfight or you can do what the Gardai have said, OP there is nothing you can do its a private road.

Would that be the bossman.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

OP,you should be delighted.

According to Channel 4 TV you have a bunch of CELEBRITIES after moving in.

some drunk woman is shouting at them to fcuk off, from the third floor. this may yet kick off in a big way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is there anything to be said for having another Mass?

some drunk woman is shouting at them to fcuk off, from the third floor. this may yet kick off in a big way.

Tell her to blast them with p1ss, it'll be easy to do from the 3rd floor:D:D:D

Get your phone out and video it

:confused: Thought it be the travellers doing that :):p

Keep calling at them and masturbating over them when they come out.

If you have any queer friends, now is the time to call them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Nothing can be done till Monday morning at least. That's when the courts open again.

The "caravan dwellers" know this and it's not uncommon for them to park on private land on a Friday evening and get a whole weekend before a court order tells them to move on.

johnayo wrote: »
    Would that be the bossman.:cool:

:oyes:o

• Advertisement

realies wrote: »
    :confused: Thought it be the travellers doing that :):p

Multi-story caravans. Bling bling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

anyone care to tell me what i can do get them moved along, the gardai said "its their right to be there" and they wont do anything until the land owner contacts them.

Yes, it's for the land owner to contact them

But the right to be there is pure nonsense, you just dealt with a lazy garda
    Nothing can be done till Monday morning at least. That's when the courts open again.

The "caravan dwellers" know this and it's not uncommon for them to park on private land on a Friday evening and get a whole weekend before a court order tells them to move on.

Not so
    In the old days [well several years ago] this was a civil issue and you needed a court order to shift them. Same in the UK, trespass is a civil issue

After a lot of lobbying in Ireland farmers with the IFA and other landowners like the national roads authority this was changed and tresspass is a criminal offense.
    The NRA got involved as it was common before a road opened for them to park up and demand money to move on and so the council and contractor would panic if the road was delayed.
    Happened on the Borrisokane bypass outside Nenagh

If the landowner wants action the gardaí should be ready to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ask them to make you a turf bin or a gate

..or even ask if you can have them back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

I am dissapoint. I was hoping for pyjamas and a pitbull :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

@mikemac.... Glad the laws changed. Years ago, it was a given that they would park up on the Friday night of a bank holiday weekend. Funny how they claim to be uneducated but would know the law inside out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,095 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nothing that can be done?

I'd love to see what would happen if they pulled up in a private road in D4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They could be more Anglo/IBRC victims, is there an old boy and his missus in a tent there?

3 more just arrived, thats 15 now.

phill106 wrote: »
    organise a rave in the field

Looks like the OP could be going to their rave:D

Nail everything you own down..release the hounds (but keep an eye on them don't want see them in a dog fighting ring);)

Fun times ahead :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Thats 18 gaffs now, you sure you're not in Killney? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Beat their women, shag their daughters and cousins, attack the men folk with machetes and slash hooks, dump rubbish all over the place, sell drugs and intimidate the local people in your neighbourhood. That'll save them the hassle of doing it, which will make this cultured ethnic group feel welcome, which is what everyone wants. To say otherwise would be racist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

"Neighbours, everybody needs good Neighbours, with a little understanding, we can make a better daaay,...." Aaah, it's all so much more civilised down-under. Back here in reality OP, pull your curtains shut and turn up the TV, order pizza and watch some TV. Shag the missus even. In a few days, someone else will have managed to get them moved on and you will have only memories of a good, quiet weekend, that and a load of crap dumped outside which someone else will also clean up, eventually. Orr, get involved, jump up and down and get all excited, raise your blood pressure and have no fun at all dealing with a bunch of lads who don't give a sh1te about anything you say or do. I'd go for option 1 - I believe Netflicks is very good. Also Dominoes pizza.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ihateusernames

your ****ed, same thing happened to me, and it took months to get rid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Okay, I think we're done there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement