Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend iphone/smart phone?

• 21-04-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

As the heading says hoping to get some advice on an iphone or smart phone?
    However, I don't want to get locked into 24yr contract or pay anything near the 500 to buy it straight away.

I know this limits me. I'm willing to put up with a shorter contract around 1yr or less, or preferably pay as you go option around the 200 euro mark. Yet somewhat flexable.

I read some reviews on a couple of phones and a lot mentioned how bad the battery life was. Is this the case with most iphone/smart phones?

Very grateful for any recommendations please and many thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

hazel111 wrote: »
    As the heading says hoping to get some advice on an iphone or smart phone?
    However, I don't want to get locked into 24yr contract or pay anything near the 500 to buy it straight away.

I know this limits me. I'm willing to put up with a shorter contract around 1yr or less, or preferably pay as you go option around the 200 euro mark. Yet somewhat flexable.

I read some reviews on a couple of phones and a lot mentioned how bad the battery life was. Is this the case with most iphone/smart phones?

Very grateful for any recommendations please and many thanks :)

You can forget an iPhone 4S on those terms. You could get a 3GS or maybe iPhone4. You might have better luck with a different smartphone.
    Battery life isn't good on any smartphone, usually about a full day with moderate usage on an iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I bought an iPhone 4 at Christmas time for around the €300 mark. I have never looked back since. Forget paying shtiloads for the 4S, get the 4. Have a look on Adverts, they are around €250 mark nowadays. Battery life isn't a hassle if you get a car charger on eBay for €1 posted :p

Advertisement