Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Carlow to Wexford Town

Options
  • 21-04-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭

Well folks, have to get to wexford town during the week for a personal matter but ive no idea if any buses will get me there and back...

Can anyone help me out with bus times or suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I think with Bus Eireann you'd be best going via Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Does that get me into wexford town morf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Yeah but depending on what time you need to be there it could be a bit of a wait in Waterford.

It's 4 bus to Waterford and 40 bus to Wexford town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You have 2 choices with Bus Eireann :

Leave 9.05am Carlow - Waterford - Enniscorthy - Wexford arriving 12.25pm

Leave Carlow 09.05am - Waterford - Wexford arriving 12.35pm

No difference in overall duration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Well folks, have to get to wexford town during the week for a personal matter but ive no idea if any buses will get me there and back...

Can anyone help me out with bus times or suggestions?

Thanks
    8.30 train to Waterford arrives Waterford at 9.43, then the 370 bus at 10am from Waterford to Wexford.

8.30 JJ Kavanagh bus to Waterford gets to Waterford at 9.50 then 370 bus to Wexford.

both the above get you into Wexford at around 11.45am.

What time do you need to be in Wexford at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Three and a half hours to get to Wexford from Carlow????? :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

alproctor wrote: »
    Three and a half hours to get to Wexford from Carlow????? :eek::eek:

Yeah, but in fairness all the selected routes are via waterford and not direct . Surprised there is no direct service between carlow and wex.

Its for a funeral so id have to be there early enough..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Its for a funeral so id have to be there early enough..

Sorry to hear that. Anyone going you could bum a ride off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bluebell1

What day are you looking to head down there. i'll be down for 11am tomorrow and thurs, welcome to a lift if it suits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

If u can get to Tullow. There is a Bus Eirinn service from there to Enniscorthy and you could get a bus from there to Wexford. Times may not work out for you. It would be a lot quicker than via Waterford if it did.

bluebell1 wrote: »
    What day are you looking to head down there. i'll be down for 11am tomorrow and thurs, welcome to a lift if it suits.

Im waiting to hear what time the funeral but its looking like it'll be friday or saturday.. Thanks for the offer though
    mickos wrote: »
    If u can get to Tullow. There is a Bus Eirinn service from there to Enniscorthy and you could get a bus from there to Wexford. Times may not work out for you. It would be a lot quicker than via Waterford if it did.

Ive looked into that and it goes to New Ross which would get me closer to where the funeral is (wellington bridge, bannow area) so id say ill end up getting that but i dont think it goes early enough for me.

Advertisement